PDA

View Full Version : tomorrowland noodle station?

like2workout
02-29-2008, 11:33 AM
in all of my trips to disneyworld, i've never heard of the tomorrowland noodle station until now. can someone please tell me what kind of food they serve? all noodles? is it a sit down or more of a quick service place? thanks!

SBETigg
02-29-2008, 12:43 PM
I believe it is closed. It looked pretty permanently closed down the last time I was there, though it may still be listed as seasonal. It wasn't all that good, so no loss. The soups and noodle dishes were edible, but not at all what they should have been. It was quick service with things like pad thai, lo mein, and asian inspired noodle soups on the menu.

goofiecrazy
02-29-2008, 12:49 PM
It still might be info central under the menu section.THey offered pizza,bread stix,salads and other things.

#1donaldfan
02-29-2008, 12:50 PM
It has smelled good the times we've cut through it as a short cut......but I have NEVER seen anyone eating there....it's a CS.....not a bad looking place......:mickey:

disneymom15
02-29-2008, 01:05 PM
We tried it once, didn't like it. Thought it would be like the lo mein at commissary at DHS.

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-29-2008, 01:21 PM
I liked it better before they changed it.

CaptSmee
02-29-2008, 02:03 PM
I believe it is closed. It looked pretty permanently closed down the last time I was there, though it may still be listed as seasonal. It wasn't all that good, so no loss. The soups and noodle dishes were edible, but not at all what they should have been. It was quick service with things like pad thai, lo mein, and asian inspired noodle soups on the menu.

I read somewhere it was open now until July. It probably has shortened hours than the other CS rest. When we were there last June it was only open noon to 3 or something like that. It is a nice change from the burgers/dogs routine.

Figment!
02-29-2008, 02:20 PM
in all of my trips to disneyworld, i've never heard of the tomorrowland noodle station until now. can someone please tell me what kind of food they serve? all noodles? is it a sit down or more of a quick service place? thanks!

Counter Service. Their menu currently features Beef & Broccoli with Steamed Rice, Chicken Strips, Teriyaki Chicken,Vegetable Noodle Bowls, Egg Rolls, Assorted Desserts, Asian Inspired Hot Tea, Iced Green Teas and Assorted Beverages. Most items are priced $2 - $7.

It is location #8 on the INTERCOT Magic Kingdom Dining Locations Map (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/diningguide/magickingdommap.asp).

I believe it is closed.
I read somewhere it was open now until July.

From Tidbits February 200 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=126218)8:
2/28/08 The Tommorowland Noodle Station re-opened for regular operation in Mid-February 2008. The Counter Service Dining location is serving Dinner daily from 5:00 pm till 9:00 pm or park close (which ever is earlier). The location is planned to operate daily through August 23, 2008.

azcavalier
02-29-2008, 02:41 PM

I've *never* seen it open. Of course, we always go in the fall. This year we're going to be there the last week of April. I've always wanted to try it. Always figured it was like a Yokohama Rice Bowl restaurant. I had been wondering if it were permanently closed, but figured if that were true, then Disney would do something with the space instead of just letting it sit there. I wonder why it would be seasonal?

And, if you don't know where it is, if you head into the park up main street and then cut right just as main street ends, you'll literally walk through it to get to Tomorrowland.

SBETigg
02-29-2008, 03:32 PM
Thanks, Jason! I missed the reopening tidbit. Good to know. Still entirely skippable for me, but good to know it's there for those who like or want to try it. I love the seating area, anyway.

Jared
02-29-2008, 05:23 PM
Has anyone ever seen people actually eating there? I've walked by the restaurant a dozen times, and I've never seen anyone sitting at any of the tables.

SBETigg
02-29-2008, 05:26 PM
Has anyone ever seen people actually eating there? I've walked by the restaurant a dozen times, and I've never seen anyone sitting at any of the tables.

Well, yes. I've tried it, so I have seen me eating there with my family, and about thirty other families. But that was in late 2005.

Kairi_7378
02-29-2008, 08:06 PM
I ate there in March 2007 and it was nearly impossible to get a table! I thought that the meals that we got here were among our worst in WDW. It was a nice place to sit and listen the evening parade music (and see the floats in the distance.)

ElenitaB
03-01-2008, 03:03 PM
As usual, Jason was absolutely right! We were in the MK on Thursday, Feb 21, and indeed, there were signs at Tomorrowland Noodle Terrace that it would be open from 5:00 to 9:00 that evening. :thumbsup:

Belle_0717
03-01-2008, 09:44 PM
We haven't eaten ther or even seen it open whenever we went, but this is the latest news . Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station has reopened will operate now through August 23, 2008. Hours will be 5 p.m. - 9 p.m., unless the park closes earlier. It's CS- here are some things on the menu.

Chicken Noodle Bowl
Vegetable Noodle Bowl with Tofu
Chicken Breast Nuggets
Teriyaki Chicken or Tofu with Steamed Rice
Beef and Broccoli with Steamed Rice
Caesar Salad with chicken

alaMode
03-01-2008, 10:14 PM
We "ate" there in April 07. We were a group of 5 and we tried almost every entree on the menu. Unfortunately, the food was inedible and we ended up throwing most of it away.

It was not fresh at all, very salty, and the rice and noodles served with most dishes were very mushy.

The thought of the food there still turns my stomach!

Tess
Poly 07
Poly 08--1 more month to go!

jefmblrd
03-02-2008, 11:20 AM
We ate there once and it is just okay. I love this type of food, but this was nothing to write home about.