PDA

View Full Version : Delta

Nurse Kim
02-29-2008, 09:59 AM
I know many people have had problems with Delta but we had to book them because they had the best prices. I noticed last night after getting our confirmation numbers and things that they booked our dates on March 11 and we wanted to leave March 12. Now in order to change they want 75.00 for each ticket we need to change.

Does Delta typically change their flight times? I know we haven't even flown with them yet but I won't book with them again. I guess this shows my inexperience with flying. This is only my second time flying and my kids have never flown.

DisneyDudet
02-29-2008, 10:08 AM
Delta lost me as a customer in December, when they made us miss a connection to Paris, France. Yeah, totally mad!

Anyway, I am not understanding what you mean about Delta booking you on the 11, instead of the 12. Did they change the flight to a different day? Could it be that you may have accidentally changed your day? I haven't booked with Delta (went through an agency for Paris), but I would assume that they allow you to pick your dates, unless you say your dates are flexible. I would look into what happened. I know in December, they did change flights, but by about 30 mins, but any airline might have flight changes and cancellations.

It might be cheaper to add a day to your trip, than it is to change flights. You can fly in, stay at your resort, or another (if you can't get another day at your already booked resort), and resort hop and visit DTD. You don't need tickets for any of that!

disneymom15
02-29-2008, 10:56 AM
Did you just book with them? Because if you are within 24 hours since you booked you can cancel without penalty. I've done it twice. Look on delta.com, there is a section that says something like-did you know you can get a refund? You need your skymiles #. I had my refund issued to my credit card within 1 day.

Katarch
02-29-2008, 11:19 AM
I'm not a fan of Delta! There's always a problem - they change flight times, they change planes, they have problem with equipment - it's always something. You should be able to change ticket with no fee if you're within the 24 hour time frame. Good luck!:mickey: