PDA

View Full Version : Best time of day to ride the Safari?

ljv1975
02-28-2008, 11:48 PM
In your experience what time of day do the animals on the safari seem to be most active and visible?

I know it is never the same - after all, they are live animals!! :elephant:
I'm just wondering if there are general times of day when it is best to ride. Thanks!

dmosher
02-29-2008, 04:29 AM
First thing in the morning (especially the very 1st safari) and earlier or very late in the day, if it has rained a bit. Most of the savannah type animals come out just after it rains.

:pipes:
D

playdead88
02-29-2008, 06:03 AM
yep 1st thing in the a.m is the best - before it gets too hot :thumbsup:

Von-Drake
02-29-2008, 07:50 AM
We almost always hit this ride first thing in the morning every time we go to AK. There was a time when we in the late morning and was still able to see a lot of animals.

5fromabove
02-29-2008, 08:16 AM
The last time we went, we found the last safari of the day (5pm in October) was a great time to go. There were some animals we hadn't seen before on previous trips. :) The great thing about this attraction (my favorite one) is that it's like a new ride each time!! :thumbsup:

aurorafan
02-29-2008, 08:56 AM
We went after lunch (around 2) in Oct. and had a fantastic ride--tons of animals including lions! On my trip last week we caught the last one (around 5) and had a good ride, but there weren't quite as many animals as on my Oct. trip :).

JPL
02-29-2008, 09:12 AM
Usually the first thing in the morning is best but it also depends on the weather. The animals are active longer into the day on cooler days or right after it rains. You will also see different animals more at certain times of day. If possible I like to ride it early in the day and then a little later to get 2 different experiences.

#1donaldfan
02-29-2008, 09:19 AM
#1 would be #1........early, early, early !!!

adoptionislove
02-29-2008, 09:27 AM
EARLY!!!

It gets too stinkin' hot after that!!!!!:mickey:

WriteDisney
02-29-2008, 09:30 AM
I got the best pictures in the morning! The animals are out and about and like the above poster said, it's before it gets hot!

crazypoohbear
02-29-2008, 09:40 AM
I think that mornings are best as well.
In the hot afternoon sun they all seem to be taking a siesta.

prttynpnk
02-29-2008, 10:09 AM
Early most definetely! After about 11- it's nothign but 'and behind that rock sleeping is an exotic animal' ........

GrmGrninGost
02-29-2008, 11:26 AM
The earlier the better! :mickey:

Gooftroop5
02-29-2008, 11:35 AM
Have to agree with everyone else. 1st rides of the morning. :thumbsup:

SpaceMtn101
03-02-2008, 10:58 AM
1st rides in the morning are NOT always the best time to ride. I have done first ones and couldnt find animals. MInd you i know all the hidden spots since i did have to spiel about them. IT really depends on the weather and temperature. The animals usually start coming out about after the first half hour to hour after the attraction opens. Also there are people who ride the attraction every hour to see which animals are hiding and how to make them more exposed. And sometimes there are animals you wont see cuz they are not on the savvanah. Sometimes on hot days yuo wont see them directly upclose in the savanah but you will see them hiding in the shade. Last safaris depend. Sometimes the animals come out more in the forest but less in the savannah. Your best bet really is late morning early afternoon usually is the best time to ride cuz its still not to hot and most ALL animals are out :)

dumbo ears
03-02-2008, 12:57 PM
first thing in the morning and last thing in the evening

LudwigVonDrake
03-02-2008, 06:09 PM
As early as you can. Once the heat of the day kicks in a lot of animals go for shade and you don't see as many animals.

Meghan
03-03-2008, 01:18 AM
Best times to go are:
-Within an hour of park opening
-After 4pm
-While it's raining (only if you don't mind seeing baby elephants frolicking and swimming... it's not for everyone)

Also, ask to sit in the back row. It's much, much better than the front. :thumbsup: