PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Off-Beat Treats

Red Randal
02-28-2008, 09:23 PM
Okay, so I know there is a lot of love for Dole Whips, churros, and Mickey Premium bars out there. I'm wondering what are everyone's favorite WDW snacks that nobody else might realize are awesome.

For instance...I love the Conga Fruit Drink at Cantina de San Angel in Mexico. In fact, my desire to sip one while watching the sun set over World Showcase lagoon today in the 10 degree Scranton weather is what brought on my post.

Other favorites include the Chocolate Filled Croissant at Everything Pop (and, I'm guessing, other places) and the baked potatoes (that they may no longer sell) from the stand in Liberty Square.

So, let us know...what else is awesome that we've never even bothered trying?

goofiecrazy
02-28-2008, 10:03 PM
MIne is the glazed raisin pretzel in Norway..I am not a raisin fan but its still good.

goofiecrazy
02-28-2008, 10:04 PM
The carrot cake from the bakery at the Boardwalk..SO YUMMY in my tummy..

PhilHarHarMagic
02-28-2008, 10:14 PM
There were some chocolate chip brownie/cookie things in Epcot that were at the little coffee/drink shop located by Test Track - I don't think they had them last year when we were there, but they were very tasty...

ali'sdad2003
02-28-2008, 10:34 PM
The Rice Krispy Treats at Goofy's Candy Co. at DTD. You can have them covered in chocolate and dipped in candy.:thumbsup: Only 205 days until these treats. Plus, in 2006 they were considered a treat on the dining plan.:D

Red Randal
02-28-2008, 11:26 PM
The Rice Krispy Treats at Goofy's Candy Co. at DTD. You can have them covered in chocolate and dipped in candy.:thumbsup: Only 205 days until these treats. Plus, in 2006 they were considered a treat on the dining plan.:D

Hah! I just mentioned in another post that I still have one of these left over from a Dining Plan snack binge in 2006. I should probably get around to throwing that out...

TexasPrincessAurora
02-28-2008, 11:52 PM
Rice cream from Norway in EPCOT. Also, their cinnamon rolls. Zebra Domes from the Mara at AKL. Eggrolls at MK. Creme brulee at Wolfgang Puck Express.

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-29-2008, 12:29 AM
We like to get tabbouleh in Morocco, fudge in MK, kringles in Norway and pastries in France.

dmosher
02-29-2008, 04:26 AM
DW and I love the Chocolate Chip Cookies at Sleepy Hollow, hot and gooey goodness... mmmmm (drools)

:pipes:
D

wdwfansince75
02-29-2008, 08:12 AM
For me, my green fix....the Pistachio gelato from the little cart near Italy.....

Oh, and a tangerine slushie (or whatever they call it) from Morocco.....

MissStyles
02-29-2008, 08:45 AM
My favorite "off beat" treat I believe can only be found at Goofy's Candy Co. It's a carrot cake cookie with cream cheese frosting. Very different and very tasty!

scootch713
02-29-2008, 08:57 AM
We crave the cheese enchilada and nacho's from mexico. It is really basic, but so tasty.

JPL
02-29-2008, 09:15 AM
My newest off-beat treat are the Cinamon glazed almonds at the MK near the entrance to Toontown. The smell alone will draw you straight to the cart :cloud9:

dolphinmickey9170
02-29-2008, 10:52 AM
*Tinkerbell Twist Slush - combination of sour apple and watermelon @ Sleepy Hollow in MK.

* Viking Coffee - :tasty:Kamora & Baileys and a
* Sweet Pretzel @ Kringla Bakeri og Cafe in Norway, Epcot.

*Sweet Cream Cheese Pretzel @ Scuttle's Landing in MK.

*Spicy Cheese Pretzel @ Lunching Pad in MK.

*Ocean Blue Raspberry @ Scuttle's in MK.

*Citrus Swirl - frozen orange and vanilla soft-serve @ Sunshine Tree Terrace in MK.

*Strawberry Swirl - vanilla soft serve with strawberry sherbet @ Enchanted Grove in MK.

*Chili Cheese Fries @ Pecos Bills in MK.

To the best of my knowledge most of these items, minus the viking coffee, are considered a snack credit as they are under $4. We have used snack credits for them in the past, not sure now with the new dining plan. We'll find out in May!!

like2workout
02-29-2008, 11:48 AM
i love the flourless chocolate cake with one of those little cartons of milk from starring roles at hollywood studios. it makes a great breakfast (ha!) and gets me ready for a full day at the parks!

Aurora's Spindle
03-01-2008, 09:49 PM
I looove the egg rolls from the egg roll cart in Adventureland! My DF had never heard of the egg roll cart and I nearly had a fit!

AdventurelandTikiGirl
03-01-2008, 10:14 PM
I have to follow a strict diet for health reasons, so reading about all the tasty treats that I once enjoyed but can no longer eat is making my mouth water :tasty:

An off beat treat that I enjoy is the sugar free brownie. They're not available all over the resort but here and there. The other treat I love is the whole wheat pita chips with hummus from the Mara at AKL :tasty:

My favorite all around, on the beaten path treat has gotta be the popcorn!

Kairi_7378
03-02-2008, 07:45 AM
I loooooooove carrot cake, and I think that the carrot cake at POR is excellent! I will have to check out the carrot cake cookie at Goofy's next time. I also like the root beer floats at Aloha Aisle. (Not a pineapple person.) The beignets at POFQ are a great way to start off the day!

Tink2002
03-02-2008, 07:42 PM
mmmmm, getting hungry reading all of this! :eat:

-love the creme brulee and also the chocolate mousse from the bakery in France

-the DONUTS at roaring forks in WL... I LOVE crispy cremes and we don't have them up here, and if these weren't the real thing they were PRETTY darn close, I think I had two every morning we stayed at WL!

-lamb, tabouleh, couscous, and hummus combo in Morocco, not really a snack, but GOOD.

simpleyred
03-02-2008, 09:21 PM
- Mango Green Tea Slush - Joy of Tea Stand in China at Epcot
- School Bread - Kringla Bakeri in Norway at Epcot

I wish I was there right now enjoying both!

disneylovinmom
03-02-2008, 09:33 PM
They have THE BEST caramel apples at Disney's Candy Cauldron at Downtown Disney West Side. My favorite is the Caramel apple covered in white chocolate and rolled in almond slices. It is awesome!!:thumbsup:

Simba's Mom
03-02-2008, 09:43 PM
Besides the Strawberry swirl, I love the carrot cake cookies at the Writer's Stop (they're huge!) and the banana split cake at Boardwalk Bakery. And I'm glad to see the Tinkerbelle Twist Sluch mentioned-I was considering trying it on my next visit, but no one had mentioned it.

Disneyatic
03-03-2008, 12:08 PM
Our favorites are the Figaro Fries at Pinnochio's Village Haus.
Also just plain ol' french fries from the McD's cart in MK. We love to sit across from POTC and eat our fries as a snack!
We also love the egg rolls in Epcot.

I can't wait to try the glazed almonds outside of Toontown that another poster mentioned, those sound delicious!! Putting that on my must try list for December :secret:

Red Randal
03-03-2008, 05:07 PM
Eggrolls? Really? I don't know...something about buying Chinese food from a cart in a theme park kind of worries me.

...of course, I'm willing to walk around on a 90 degree day chomping on a smoked turkey leg, so I'm probably just a hypocrite.

By the way, I've never heard of half the stuff you guys mentioned so I'm really happy I put up this post.

ShanPooh
04-05-2008, 01:25 AM
Bubble Tea in China! :bubbles:
I also like the Conga fruit drink in Mexico :marg:

PhilHarHarMagic
04-05-2008, 02:51 PM
I'm glad someone posted to this thread and reminded me of it - because of this thread I tried a few new things when we went in Mid-March.

Yaki Gori (sp?) in Japan. Basically, it's a Japanese-style snow cone. I didn't go for the "off-beat" flavors, but the cherry was different than the normal cherry I can get in Texas, and it was VERY good.:tasty:

I've fallen in love with the napoleon from the Boulangerie Patisserie. I walked all the way back there the second day just to have another one.

Aggie97
04-05-2008, 02:55 PM
I know Main Street Bakery isn't off the beaten path, but their mini banana bread loaves are really good. We like to pick up a couple on our way out of the park at night and have them for breakfast the next morning! :mickey:

tundramom
04-05-2008, 03:23 PM
Chocolate Moose -LeCellier kids dessert but I get it!
I have to second Zebra Domes:tasty: Boma
Raspberry Lemonade- Enchanted Grove MK
S'mores- 50's Prime Time
Pocki (sp?) Japan
Practically anything form Le Patisserie:cloud9:
OK now I'm hungry!

KineGirl
04-05-2008, 04:05 PM
I can see there are many things I need to try on our next trip!

My DH & I love the chicken empanadas from the takeout window of Bongos @ DTD A little Texas Pete and perfecto! Also the deep fried snickers from Cookes of Dublin.

#1donaldfan
04-05-2008, 06:44 PM
Carrot cake at POR is very good, along with their other cookies and brownies.....but.....

....did you know the bestest secret at POR is at Boatwrights for breakfast, which is seldom very busy (which is a main reason to go), is their sweet potato pancakes and the cinny toast.....these are great treats and well worth the trip, if your not staying at POR......I sure miss 'em right now......!!!!:mickey:

Bethanymouse
04-06-2008, 12:19 AM
What a great thread! There are so many that I cant even think of but....I do love the tie dye cheesecake at the pop. It is one of my absolute favorites! My fiance loves the tollhouse cookie sandwiches sold on the carts in the park or when the shops will make them with fresh cookies!:cloud9:

Tbelle1976
04-06-2008, 12:36 AM
Had the carrot cake at the Main Street Bakery a couple weeks ago and it was amazing! First time trying the pretzels in Norway and found those to be very good, and as always the CS stand in Mexico had awesome food! :thumbsup:

AHOTE
04-06-2008, 01:14 AM
I'm sitting here trying to pass off a gall bladder attack :medic: and all I can think about is all the great food that's available at WDW. :cloud9: I'm sitting here thinking about a :eat:hot cup of Viking Coffee and a Cloudberry Horn from Norway. A warm Saki in Japan comes to mind too. "only 8 more months to go" :joy::yay::woohoo:

PhilHarHarMagic
04-06-2008, 09:16 AM
My fiance loves the tollhouse cookie sandwiches sold on the carts in the park or when the shops will make them with fresh cookies!:cloud9:

Your fiance may be disappointed - we didn't find toolhouse cookie ice cream sandwiches at the carts this year - quite a disappointment for DD12

kimommy63
04-06-2008, 09:25 AM
:mickey:
My favorite snack would have to be the sweet cream cheese pretzels at Scuttles Landing. My 7 year old insists that I also mention his favorite: Rainbow Popsicles from the ice cream carts in numerous places. I honestly don't remember them myself:confused:, but he insists that they exist!

Lakin
11-07-2009, 02:19 PM
My mom is a huge smoothie fan and loves trying different smoothies. Both I and my mom were looking for a place that sold smoothies and ice-cream in the Magic Kingdom and we found a place called Auntie Gravity's Galactic Goodies. I got a chocolate ice-cream (I'm picky, so I keep it simple), and my mom got a strawberry-banana smoothie. She said it was delicious and she ended up getting them a lot on our trip. She says she even plans on getting a few more on our upcoming trip.

She tried the orange pineapple and said that it didn't taste 'bad' necessarily, but it just didn't really have flavor.

hannahandkalebmom
11-07-2009, 08:53 PM
Love the zebra domes at AKL. Also love the the yogurt smoothies that you can get at Hollywood studios.

Genie1953
11-07-2009, 09:29 PM
I love it that this thread has been brought back. Lots of great snack ideas for our upcoming trip in April!

clausjo
11-08-2009, 08:37 AM
Okay, I've see School Bread mentioned in a few different posts, can someone tell me what it is?

The Flying Dutchman
11-08-2009, 09:22 AM
Yaki Gori (sp?) in Japan. Basically, it's a Japanese-style snow cone. I didn't go for the "off-beat" flavors, but the cherry was different than the normal cherry I can get in Texas, and it was VERY good.:tasty:

I second the shaved ice outside Japan. So refreshing and light (although it is a "tradition" that I somehow always manage to leave with a bright pink stain on my shirt from where I missed my mouth...)

beksy
11-08-2009, 10:03 AM
Okay, I've see School Bread mentioned in a few different posts, can someone tell me what it is?

Mom and I split one on our last trip and they are delicious! It's kind of like a round doughnut-like pastry that is filled with a boston-cream-like filling and then topped with a sweet coconut topping. It is mainly coconut with just a sweet glaze to hold it together. That's not the best description but hope it helps! :blush:

Dawn,DeniseandDiane
11-09-2009, 10:06 AM
The BubbleGum Fudge at DTD Disneys Candy Cauldron is the best ever! It isn't always there but, we check every time we go. We also love the Coconut bonbons at the French bakery.

Dawn,Denise&Diane:wave::wave::wave:

kemps@wdw
11-10-2009, 10:01 PM
:cloud9: The hot, cinnamom toasted pecans @ the little cart just outside "The Land" in Epcot.:cloud9:

hardingella
11-11-2009, 07:41 AM
Kids love funnel cake at MK:cloud9:

Belle_0717
11-11-2009, 08:50 AM
DH kills for the Main Street Bakery's chocolate chip cookies.

At one of the water parks, they have mini chocolate chip cookies which I love. Haven't had them in a while either.

NJGIRL
11-11-2009, 12:25 PM
We like the simple things like their popcorn and getting runts. Having a bag of runts to eat in line while waiting for an attraction was a tradition we started on our first visit to Disney together. It started when we were in line for The Land. That's back when you had to wait at least 45mins to get on the boat.

But one of our favorite snacks is anything from the bakery in France!

hardingella
11-11-2009, 04:14 PM
What are runts?

like2workout
11-12-2009, 08:59 AM
...and the funnel cakes with strawberries and white powdered sugar on them at sleepy hollow in magic kingdom.

i'm printing this thread and taking me with me for reference on my january trip!

MississippiDisneyFreak
11-12-2009, 09:14 AM
We liked the jalepeno cheese filled pretzel we got from one of the snack carts at Animal Kingdom...along with Mexico's Churros and France's pastries at Epcot and Cashew patties from the candy store at MK or DHS

Iluvpooh
11-12-2009, 11:04 AM
:mickey:
My favorite snack would have to be the sweet cream cheese pretzels at Scuttles Landing. My 7 year old insists that I also mention his favorite: Rainbow Popsicles from the ice cream carts in numerous places. I honestly don't remember them myself:confused:, but he insists that they exist!
ITZAKADOOZIE My kids love these. My Wal-Mart now sells them, but they only want them from EPCOT.

Iluvpooh
11-12-2009, 11:05 AM
What are runts?
Fruit flavored candy that is shaped like fruit. Tastes kind of like candy coated sweet tarts.

mudpuppysmom
11-12-2009, 11:23 AM
DH likes the funnel cakes.

DS1 likes any "snack".....in fact that is his tagline all hours of the day, "can I have a.......snack!!!" I think if you ask him though, he likes chocolate covered marshmallows from the candy store in MGM -- with only sprinkles. I was told last trip that the M's (m&m's) take up too much room in his mouth to enjoy the marshmallows.......go figure on that one!

I like the old brownies from the sweet store at MGM -- they also had them at the Writers Stop too, but they are now changed! My other favorite is the pralinege (sp) from the bakery in France (which I did not get to visit last trip!).

Our "tour guide".....my cousin who meets us each trip would just die if he could not get the Conga juice in Mexico.

Oh, and we also bring home SEVERAL rice krispie treats dipped in chocolate ......they do last a while, but not sure about years!!!!

Tygger7
11-12-2009, 11:39 AM
They have THE BEST caramel apples at Disney's Candy Cauldron at Downtown Disney West Side. My favorite is the Caramel apple covered in white chocolate and rolled in almond slices. It is awesome!!:thumbsup:

You know, I was thinking about the caramel apples from this place too! However, I fell in love with the Caramel Apple, dipped in chocolate, and rolled in crushed Snicker bars.....:cloud9:

stitchaholic
11-12-2009, 08:55 PM
the chai latte freeze at anadapur tea house in AK,a little taste of heaen

Kathy Jetson
11-13-2009, 12:12 AM
Love the zebra domes at AKL. Also love the the yogurt smoothies that you can get at Hollywood studios.

What is a zebra dome?

cather74
11-14-2009, 10:21 AM
I think I'm drooling reading all of these and wishing I had a plate of mickey Rice Krispy treats right in front of me!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

slegrant
11-14-2009, 11:56 AM
My favorite treat comes from the Main Street Bakery and it's the Apple Charlotte. As a tradition I always go into the MK with my family and we all pick out a treat to take home with us in the car or the flight.

We also like the hot donuts at Typhoon lagoon, they just melt in your mouth!!

Can't wait to get there for New Year's!:mickey:

IamBelle
11-15-2009, 09:04 AM
School Bread in Norway

Make your own fudge filled cookie at Goofy's Candy Co. in DTD-fudge filled cookie dipped in chocolate, candy and drizzled with more chocolate!! Best snack ever!!

The mango shooters, pistacchio creme brulee, and mini chocolate cake from the Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party. Everything was really good there!!