PDA

View Full Version : Rainforest Cafe Downtown Disney VS. Animal Kingdom Rain Forest Cafe

HairyBear
02-28-2008, 08:02 PM
I have been to the RFC at Downtown Disney and liked it. Is the RFC at Animal Kingdom different? How about getting a table is it crowded? Are they any other 'novelty' restaurants in the WDW area?

IloveDisney71
02-28-2008, 09:01 PM
I have eaten at the downtown RFC several times but had not eaten at the AK RFC until last weekend. It is VERY similar to the one in downtown Disney. We ate there right after the park closed and didn't have to wait at all. However, the park wasn't busy at all, there were hardly any wait times at any of the rides we rode in the late afternoon. I don't know if it is harder to get a table during busier seasons. We enjoyed it.

LauraleeH
02-28-2008, 09:39 PM
We've been to both, but for some reason we like the DtD one better. It could be because we usually go the DtD location so that's what we are used to.

02-28-2008, 11:36 PM
We've eaten at both and don't recall much difference in them. We walked right in to the AK one at about 11:30-11:45 for lunch and were seated within 10 mins. This was in May of last year. I guess it would depend on what time of year and how the crowds are for that day.

#1donaldfan
02-28-2008, 11:42 PM
The AK one seemed to be a little less busy.....they are both pretty much the same...:mickey:

JPL
02-29-2008, 09:30 AM
The food is pretty much the same but the atmosphere at DTD just seems to be a little better I'm guessing it's the eating inside of a Volcano effect ;) Typically the one at AK is much less crowded and easy to get into though.

Stormer
03-01-2008, 10:05 PM
The one at AK takes reservations. I thought I heard the one in DTD doesn't. We have done lunch at AK a few times. Always made reservations first, but it wasn't very crowded any time. We waited about 5 min with reservations, others seemed to be waiting about 20 min.

Hull-onian
03-02-2008, 08:42 AM
At least the RFC in AK does take the DDP and DDE plan. So you get some sort of a discount there. The one at DTD does not take either plan. Other than that, I think they are both equal. You can't go wrong at either one of them.:thumbsup: