PDA

View Full Version : Best time to go between January and March

KAT1811
02-28-2008, 04:40 PM
Well we have our next WDW vacation planned for November 6 - 16, 2008. :joy: We may have a snafu, a very fabulous one. DH and I were planning on trying for baby #4 :princess: :princess: :princess: :baby:(?) in the fall but instead we may be having a baby in the fall. A little too early to tell as of yet but, if I were a betting woman. . .

In the event we are expecting, our new little one will be making their grand entrance in November (We already have 2 children and a nephew/godson in November. What a crazy birthday month this is going to be!!! :party2:) If we are due in November we will obviuosly not be able to travel to WDW.

Due to our business our lengthy trips are limited to November - the end of February, maybe pushing it into the first week of March.

My question is when is a good time to go given our time restrictions? We typically travel for 10 nights / 11 days. I do not want it to be too cool when we are there as the children enjoy swimming and I don't want to have to bring my winter coat to WDW. :freeze: Any suggestions would be appreciated. Maybe we should just push our trip off until 2009 :(.

#1donaldfan
02-28-2008, 05:02 PM
February ...... it's between Jan and March.....I'm sorry.....I couldn't resist.......:mickey:

Disney Doll
02-28-2008, 06:06 PM
I like early Feb. (before President's Day weekend). It seems a little warmer than Jan and less crowded than March. However, it can still get pretty cold. You may not need it, but I would bring a winter coat because the weather is just so variable. Technically you can swim anytime because the pools are heated. I however do not swim in February, but the kids do. I would also be worried about traveling with such a young baby. If it were me I think I'd wait until 2009. Best of luck with whatever you decide and congrats on the maybe baby. :mickey:

ThanxForNoticin
02-28-2008, 07:20 PM
I like early Feb. (before President's Day weekend). It seems a little warmer than Jan and less crowded than March. :mickey:

I agree. Early Feb can be a nice time with less crowds. Nothing is certain, but typically the weather is pretty pleasant. You can get a colder snap - but you can get colder weather in March sometimes, too. We've been there in late Jan / early Feb many times, and we've experienced the 60s and 70s during the day most of the time. Evenings might need a sweatshirt, but probably not your winter coat!!

bringbackhorizons
02-29-2008, 09:29 AM
Off topic, but your post just reminded me.

We visited last year from Feb 17th til March 10th and loved it!! We started trying for a baby too this time last year, and our dd was born 11/20 !! We got our very own Disney baby lol!!:blush::baby:

I'm now trying to talk dh into going back next Feb with our dd, not very succesfully as yet, but we'll see :thumbsup:

Good luck with everything!!

Irene

KAT1811
03-02-2008, 07:12 AM
Off topic, but your post just reminded me.

We visited last year from Feb 17th til March 10th and loved it!! We started trying for a baby too this time last year, and our dd was born 11/20 !! We got our very own Disney baby lol!!:blush::baby:

I'm now trying to talk dh into going back next Feb with our dd, not very succesfully as yet, but we'll see :thumbsup:

Good luck with everything!!

Irene

:congrats: On your new daughter! :congrats:

We have three DDs:

DD#1 - 11 years old January 18th

DD#2 - 3 years old November 11th

DD#3 - 1 1/2 November 9th

You can see why we wanted to try to avoid November for baby #4. I also have a godson/nephew November 27th! The wait is killing me. I want to know right now but I have a couple of weeks to wait. :wait: The waiting is torture!!!

Best of luck with your new little one. You'll see WDW in a whole different light when you see it through the eyes of your daughter. Enjoy every moment!

bringbackhorizons
03-03-2008, 04:42 AM
Thanks Kat1811, fingers crossed for getting your BFP in the next few weeks.:joy: I'm so excited for you, as it was me this time last year lol!!

Keep us posted.

Irene

KAT1811
03-04-2008, 08:09 AM
Thank you. I will certainly keep you posted. I just got home last night from 24 hours in the hospital for my cousin's third child induction. It was the first time I got to see a birth from the other side. What an amazing experience, the most amazing thing I have ever seen. I am overly excited now and can't wait to find out!!!