PDA

View Full Version : DDP Deluxe 2008....have you done this?

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-28-2008, 01:37 PM
This sounds very interesting. I was wondering a few things.
Has anyone used this?
What did you think?
Is it worth the money?
How did you use your 3 TS/CS credits?
Did you figure out how much money you saved with this plan?
Do you recommend doing this?

My DH are thinking about trying this when we go in Oct. I just wanted to see what kind of experiences others had with it. We've done the DDP before and liked it but thought his sounded very interesting.

auntfrannie
02-28-2008, 02:33 PM
LIke you, I've used the DDP in the past. This year I'm trying the Deluxe plan. I'm using the 3 credits for a sit-down breakfast and a signature dining each day. I think trying to do 3 full meals a day would be a bit much but this allows me to try the better disney restaurants.

Based on what I've calculated, I will save about $120 (solo trip) and that's not including the two snack credits you get each day.

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-29-2008, 01:51 PM
We were thinking the same thing. Having a TS breakfast and then using 2 credit to try places like Narcoossee's.

ldc12377
02-29-2008, 09:48 PM
We are planning on doing the Deluxe dining plan if we go in June so I hope more people who have done it already reply to your post. We are going all out on this special trip and staying at Poly.:cloud9: We plan on using room service more instead of signature dining because my youngest (DS2) wouldn't do well in a nicer restaurant, beside DS9 and DD7 will be impressed with room service. They think it is so cool!!! Just thought I'd let you know what we are planning on doing.

Natazu
03-01-2008, 12:04 AM
There are some people here on INTERCOT planning to do the DxDP soon. Looks like the popular idea is to spend lots of time at signature restaurants and then a 1TS breakfast or lunch. I have always wanted to eat at CG seven days in a row.

mickeymousedabomb
03-01-2008, 10:54 AM
For our next trip we will do the DDPdeluxe for the first time. We've always done the DDP in the past and it seems to be a big $$ saver for us and to upgrade and take advantage of all those TS we love! We will have at least 1 but mostly two TS's everyday and use 2 TS credits for the HOOP-de-doo. All together we will have 30 TS to use which we thought is a great way to spend $108.50 more for the DLX/ adult. Last trip we figured each adult cost $880 for a package deal at at CBR with hopper tickets and the DDP. This time our estimated price per adult is $988.50 for Pop, hopper tickets and the DDPDeluxe. So yes we will downgrade to a value and upgrade the dining plan and it will be a difference of $108.50. Our family believes it's definetly worth it! Good luck!

LauraF
03-03-2008, 10:10 AM
I ran a quick spreadsheet for comparisons back when the 2008 plans were announced. And came up with the following scenarios, based on how my party eats on a 7 night trip. (Range explanation - the bottom number is an estimated average spend per meal for 2 pp of $85 for dinner ($105 for 2TS), $70 for lunch, $34 for breakfast and $16 for snacks. I plugged in my actual ADRs for the upper range.)

1. 1 TS at every meal, no 2TS restaurants = approximate 25-38% savings over cash

2. Lunch 1 TS, 3 dinner 1 TS 4 dinner 2TS, 3 breakfast 1TS = approximate 20-29% savings over cash.

3. Standard plan (control group) = approximate 32% savings.

Summary: So even with the 2TS at several meals, adding in the more expensive gratuity cuts into the savings a bit. But I will continue to go them because of what I get for my money.