PDA

View Full Version : Connecting rooms at a value, are 2 deposits required?

mouseketeer mom
02-28-2008, 12:55 PM
There are 5 of us. Would we need to put down 2 deposits for CONNECTING rooms at POP? Or would they be one ressie? Thanks!

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-28-2008, 01:16 PM
We just booked two rooms for our May trip, and Disney treats it like two separate reservations...so two deposits were required.

WDWFRK
02-28-2008, 01:16 PM
I didn't think it was possible to guarantee connecting rooms at any resort; they can only be requested. Someone else might know better than I, however.

If you're booking rooms only, I would think that you have to put down a deposit for each of the rooms; if it's a package, just one deposit would be required.:mickey:

momof3+twins
02-28-2008, 01:17 PM
We just made reservations for two rooms at POP and the answer to your question is YES.
Be sure that if the second room is for kids that your let them know that is the case so that you can have a guaranteed connecting room. If there is more than 2 adults, it won't be guaranteed even on the same ressie!

mouseketeer mom
02-28-2008, 02:09 PM
We just made reservations for two rooms at POP and the answer to your question is YES.
Be sure that if the second room is for kids that your let them know that is the case so that you can have a guaranteed connecting room. If there is more than 2 adults, it won't be guaranteed even on the same ressie!

Well, my two of my kids are Disney Adults..meaning they will be 14 and 12 at the time, but believe me, there is no way I would want my girls to NOT be connected to our room. They wouldn't like that either..they are young for their age., sooo...given their ages, would the connecting rooms be guarenteed?..so, they treat the connecting rooms like 2 packages, so $400.00 down?

aurorafan
02-28-2008, 02:20 PM
We had 2 connecting rooms at POR in Oct. booked as a package and we paid one deposit. I made sure whenever I called to check on the reservation that I reiterated the connecting part. One CM told me that whenever they see a ressie for connecting rooms where children are involved they make sure it's honored. I don't know if that's true or not, but at least it made me feel better to know they pay attention to things like that :).

disneymom15
02-28-2008, 02:21 PM
I just booked 2 rooms at POP and requested connecting door. I had to put down 2 deposits.

BigRedDad
02-28-2008, 02:56 PM
As others have said, each room is considered its own "reservation". Each room requires one night's deposit.

stitch34
02-28-2008, 03:03 PM
You definitely have to make a deposit for each room even if it is with a packkage. They treat them as separate reservations.

If they only had you make one deposit this is incorrect. The CM I booked with this last time did not have me make a deposit on each room. I knew from our past trips of having two rooms this that was incorrect. I asked him again and he still said a deposit wasn't needed for both rooms. I immediately called back to get a different CM (just to double check). Good thing I did because she told me that I was correct, there needs to be a deposit on both rooms and the CM I talked to previously was incorrect.

So to answer your question you deposit will be $400.00.

FenwayGirl
02-28-2008, 04:07 PM
Have you thought about bookng a Suite at All Star Music. We stayed there in Jan and it was very good. Lots of room, plus privacy for the parents:mickey:

Young@Heart
02-28-2008, 04:16 PM

We requested two connecting rooms at POP for August, and also paid two deposits, even though we booked a package. ;)

Also, you cannot book a room for children only. There must be at least one adult booked in a room. It doesn't matter who sleeps where after you check in, but to reserve the room, you cannot have minors only in one room. We put DS 14 w/ DH, and DS 12 and DD 5 w/ me. If we're lucky and get the connecting rooms, DD will be w/ me and DH and DS's will be next door, w/ the door open at all times.

Hull-onian
02-28-2008, 07:22 PM
We are getting two rooms at Sports. I got a note saying that it is guaranteed that we would get connecting rooms. When I booked, I gave them all the information, and they charged out for the two rooms. With Melissa's help from MJ, I was able to pay off my whole bill with my Disney Visa Card. The trip is all paid except for food and souvinears. 46 Days and counting.

MauiMouse
02-28-2008, 07:27 PM
Same here we have two rooms reserved at Pop Century for December. We both paid $200 each and on our reservation it states...POP CENTURY-CLASSIC-STANDARD - SPECIAL REQUEST: REQUEST CONNECTING ROOMS. We shall see if we get connecting rooms, but I'm pretty confident that we will.

PhilHarHarMagic
02-28-2008, 10:29 PM
We've booked ours through MJ and have had only one reservation number, so I'm guessing it was only one deposit, although it was double the deposit cost because you put a percentage down. It's been a year and 1/2 since we did it that way, so the rules may have changed.

We've requested double rooms 3-4 times, and have never had a problem getting it. It is important they know you have young-uns so when they start assigning rooms, you are given prior on connecting rooms.

Having two rooms for the four of us is our favorite "value" way to travel.

TammiMcMan
02-29-2008, 10:18 AM
I believe that they have a very high number of connecting rooms, so it's usually not an issue. With that in mind though, there is no iron clad guarantee. I have heard of only a few rare cases, where they were not able to supply a connecting room. If you have any concerns though, you might want to consider the family suite option.

Jeff G
02-29-2008, 10:20 AM
I've had a reservation once where it said Guaranteed Connecting Rooms because it was two adults and three kids. I'm sure you'll be OK being family with kids using one of the rooms.

Just a tip, if you are worried about this send a fax two days before you leave to the resort directly listing your prefernces including connecting rooms and along with any other prefernces. THis isn't guaranteed but we have always gotten a room in the section we've wanted by doing this.