PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade or save money?

LauraF
02-28-2008, 12:33 PM
Here's a quandry for you all (hypothetical) to fill my curiousity:

On a future trip to WDW, if you were offered a great room discount and were booked at a moderate, would you pocket the savings or upgrade to a deluxe for only a little more than you were already paying? (This assumes the discount is not too far off from the moderate rack rate.)

Please share why you would make that choice as everyone has different opinions on how much time they spend at their hotel.

Thanks!

sainter
02-28-2008, 12:40 PM
I would probably pocket the money unless I were at a time in life that I felt I would be able to stay at a deluxe from here on. We have stayed only in value and then mod. After we had gone moderate a few times, we stayed at a value and even though it was a very nice room and a fun trip, I missed the quiet pools,the restaurant and the landscaping at POR. I am afraid if we stay deluxe, it will be hard to go back. Just my 2 cents.

#1donaldfan
02-28-2008, 12:54 PM
We are totally satisfied by the resort we stay in .... POR......so I'd put the saving into the dinning plan / shopping......it wouldn't be in my pocket long....I'd spend it on something at Disney !!!!!:mickey:

IC10
02-28-2008, 01:10 PM
We had the same choice after the promotions came out. We decided to go from the POP to AKL. The vacation was the best thing ever I say go for the dream!!

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-28-2008, 01:19 PM
We had a similar option on our honeymoon. We were booked at POP, and when the discounts came out, we could afford to upgrade to POR.

We are so glad we did. The resort is awesome, and with the discounts we felt like we got a great value...the only issue is that we always stay at a moderate now!

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-28-2008, 01:21 PM
I really like CSR but I might try WL or AKL if I received a nice disount. I've never stayed at those and I would like to try something new.

SBETigg
02-28-2008, 01:25 PM
I would upgrade. We enjoy spending time at our resort as well as at the parks. We only stayed moderate for one trip (never value) and it was enough to convince us to go deluxe every time.

vicster
02-28-2008, 02:23 PM
Upgrade!

AllDisney
02-28-2008, 02:35 PM
We don't spend very much time in our room. We ARE park people:mickey:

That being said, we have been spoiled by staying at WL & our favorite AKL. The atmosphere is fantastic. We love sitting in the lobby and watching everyone return from their busy day at the parks. The lobbies in the deluxe resorts are awesome. Plus the first rate restaurants at the deluxe resorts are wonderful as well.

Upgrade if you feel that you'll take advantage of the upgrades that the deluxe resorts offer, otherwise, save the change. Whatever you decide I am sure that your choice is the right one!

BigRedDad
02-28-2008, 02:54 PM
It would completely depend on the length of stay. My ultimate goal is to get to a point where I can spend 2 weeks at WDW. I would spend one day at the resort, one day at a park. If that were to happen, it would be deluxe all the way.

MizMissy
02-28-2008, 02:57 PM
Upgrade!
I like POFQ (my DD liked their pool slide much better than AKL), but with the family, the difference between double beds at the moderate and queen beds (we did queen bed with bunk beds at AKL) at a deluxe is worth the money.
Also, we really enjoyed the extra amenities at the deluxe - AKL has wonderful, fun activities for the kids. I think we spent more time at the resort just because of all the extras.

pox24
02-28-2008, 03:50 PM
Upgrade

Seasonscraps
02-29-2008, 06:09 PM
Upgrade!

FaithTrustPixieDust
02-29-2008, 06:23 PM
I would love the opportunity to check out different resorts and would absolutely consider an upgrade. . . . . . . UNLESS you are paying on credit. Then I would recommend that you keep the moderate and finance less than you expected. :mickey:

moe513
02-29-2008, 06:28 PM
Up grade, the deluxe are so much better,location wise.

snerd475
02-29-2008, 06:36 PM
I would upgrade in a heartbeat! The mods are nice, but the deluxe are SO wonderful! I, too, like the whole resort atmosphere as a big part of my vacation, and they have it! If the difference is not that much, go for it! You will not regret it!

elmjimmlm
02-29-2008, 06:56 PM
If I had the money to upgrade then I would do it in second...I wish that I could try every resort at least once...If I were you, I would upgrade...:mickey:

caryrae
02-29-2008, 06:57 PM
I would upgrade because the odds of us affording to stay at a deluxe is very very small and would probably never get another chance like that again.

Young@Heart
02-29-2008, 09:19 PM
I would stay wherever we orignally booked. :mickey: We're all very picky about our resorts, and get very attached to our choice. Once our vacation is booked and the wheels are set in motion, we get very excited about our resort. :cloud9:

biodtl
02-29-2008, 09:53 PM
That's a hard one. My personal preference would be to save the money, because as long as it's clean, I'm happy.

But in the end, we would probably upgrade since DH would want to and whatever it takes to keep him eager to go to WDW works for me...

adoptionislove
03-01-2008, 09:51 AM
I say UPGRADE!!!!

We are upgrading to the Poly from the Pop and I am afraid we will always go deluxe from here on out!

You work hard and you deserve to upgrade yourself!!! (That is our mantra in life)!!!!