PDA

View Full Version : DH secretly loved Chef Mickeys

Tinkerfreak
02-28-2008, 11:55 AM
Not sure if this should have gone in the dining forum so if so please move it.
The other night the family was talking about our Nov. trip and what places we want to book ADR's for. We talked about the things we wanted to skip this trip and the new things we want to try.
I asked if they wanted to skip Garden Grill because we have done this on every trip. Everyone said ok.
I then said how about skipping Chef Mickeys because we have also done this one every trip. The look on DH's face was so funny. He looked absolutely pitifully crushed. He said "what no Chef Mickeys I love it there". DD's and I just looked at each other and started laughing because DH never wants to discuss ADR's and never seems to care much about where we go or what we do. He is one of those that always claims that we make him go every year even though it is always him who asks if we are going back again and where we want to stay.
It was just so funny to see this serious guy who claims to hate Disney and is forced to go looking so devastated about not going to Chef Mickeys. My youngest DD said "Daddy you don't need to whine, we will go there if you want to."

Goofeygal
02-28-2008, 12:41 PM
That is the cutest story. Have a great trip.

mickey&missy
02-28-2008, 12:47 PM
LOL! Thats too funny! He sound a lot like my DH. He enjoys it a lot more then he wants us to know. I think he thinks he's too grownup.

ibrowse17
02-28-2008, 12:50 PM
Sounds like me, also. DW and I do not have kids yet, but always eat at CM's. At first I told myself it was because my DW loved the characters, but then I discovered it was me telling her we had ADR's there instead of her asking me to make them. Go figure:thumbsup:

Bethis26fan
02-28-2008, 04:21 PM
lol that's cute.

Belle619
02-29-2008, 09:45 AM
:funny: That is such a funny story! It reminds me of my trip with my DH to Disneyland. I had signed us up for Chip 'n Dale's character breakfast and he was fine with it, but by no means enthused. Well, by the end of the breakfast he was begging me to take his picture with the characters! Oops, that was supposed to be our little secret - oh well! :secret:

Not2Loud
03-01-2008, 10:47 AM
Thats great. Us men just need to admit we like Disney just as much as our DW's and kids!

In my case, I think I love it even more. My DD4 and I love it at Disney. DW and In-laws enjoy the big trip each year, but DD4 and I come a few times and have a ton of fun. We go the parks almost every day during our 8-10 big trip, but the rest only 2-3.

pdrlkr
03-01-2008, 10:56 AM
Cute story. We never skip Chef Mickey's. :thumbsup: :mickey: