PDA

View Full Version : Viewing Wishes and Getting to an ADR on Time

ljv1975
02-28-2008, 10:38 AM
I hope this is the right place for this question. Please move it if neccesarry!

Here is my scenario. On March 3rd there is Spectromagic at 7:00 and Wishes at 8:00. We have ADR's at Chef Mickey's for 8:50. I'm guessing it is possible to see Spectromagic, but not Wishes in order to make our ressie.

If we leave MK after the parade, is there somewhere that we can watch Wishes from outside the park where we will still get a good view and be able to get to the Contemporary on time? I know you can watch them from the beach at some resorts - is there a good view fom outside the Contemporary? Can you still hear the music?

Any advice on the best way to make this work would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks! :mickey:

DizneyRox
02-28-2008, 10:53 AM
I find it hard to believe that you couldn't catch both. The walk from MK to the Contemporary is a few minutes at best. Yes there will be large crowds exiting the parks, but once out, the walk is not going to be that bad.

I would keep your plans as is and if you're a couple minutes late to Chef Mickey's no one will really care.

Tick-Tock
02-28-2008, 10:55 AM
I agree. Stand down in Town Square for an easy exit immediately following Wishes (it's a great view from down there anyway, with all the Main St. buildings lit up). You'll probably be at the Contemporary a few minutes before your ADR.

BMan62
02-28-2008, 11:03 AM
A question to go along with this thread...

Are there spots where you can stand to view Wishes from the train platform at City Hall? I would love to take my video camera and get the whole Main Street experience during Wishes. (Possibly for SpectroMagic as well.)

faline
02-28-2008, 11:27 AM
You can easily walk from the Magic Kingdom to the Contemporary. I think you'll be able to make your reservation without a problem. If you want to be at the Contemporary, there is a viewing area on the same floor as Chef Mickey's though I've heard it's not the best spot to see Wishes from.

There are spaces (even chairs) on the Train Station platform for Spectromagic and Wishes viewing. These chairs are usually "reserved" at least 2 hours before Spectromagic and/or Wishes begins. If you want a spot here, you'll need to arrive early and plan to stay for the duration.

DizneyRox
02-28-2008, 04:16 PM
There are spaces (even chairs) on the Train Station platform for Spectromagic and Wishes viewing. These chairs are usually "reserved" at least 2 hours before Spectromagic and/or Wishes begins. If you want a spot here, you'll need to arrive early and plan to stay for the duration.
I would definitely allow more than 2 hours if you want a seat. It can get a little tense up there at times too, but it's a great place to view the parade and the fireworks. It's one of those been there done that places though, not worth the time wasted waiting for the show.