PDA

View Full Version : Polynesian Question for the first stay

Olga
02-28-2008, 07:54 AM
We always stayed in moderate resorts. Now I'm trying to decide whether to stay in Poly or not our next trip (as it is rather pricey for us). I've got a lot of information from the resort page of the site, but I still have some questions to experienced Poly travellers :-).

1. How large is Poly property in terms of walking distances from the longhouses to the TTC, Ceremonial House, Pool etc.?
2. What is typical waiting time for monorail to MK, how crowded the monorail can be?
3. I found that in the standard Poly rooms there is no separate vanity area with the sinks (one sink, tub and toilet are in one compartment). Will it be comfortable for 2 adults and 1 child?

I' ll be very glad to get any other advice!

pox24
02-28-2008, 08:59 AM
From the furthest room away from the GCH its only 8 to 10 minutes unlike the moderates which are very spread out and unwalkable at least for me. MR can be crowded but not a problem. The wait is no longeer than 10 min or so. You're gonna love it there.:thumbsup:

mrsgaribaldi
02-28-2008, 09:05 AM
:tikki::lei:We stayed at the Poly in Jan 07.:tikki: DH and myself and my 18 y/o niece. There was plenty of room for all 3 of us. We stayed in the Tokelau building on the 3 floor and we had a balcony. It was right near the quiet pool and just a short walk from the main building and the TTC. We would walk over to the TTC to get the monorail to Epcot. The waits were not very long and the monorails were not crowded. I don't know when you are planning your trip for but depending when you go they might be more crowded. We never made it to the main pool. It got to be to cold to go swimming after a couple days.
The rooms are very spacious, plenty of room for 3. We had the 2 beds but then they also have a daybed. We could have fit even more people in the room comfortably.
The Polynesian became my favorite resort after that trip. It's just to much money.:( We spend very little time in the room so it's not really worth it for us. I think that you would love the Polynesian.
Have fun planning your trip:mickey:

SBETigg
02-28-2008, 09:38 AM
1. How large is Poly property in terms of walking distances from the longhouses to the TTC, Ceremonial House, Pool etc.?

It's not that large. It may look it on the map, but it's really not much of a walk to get to anywhere at the Poly. Short walking distances between buildings, and maybe a ten minute walk from GCH to TTC.

2. What is typical waiting time for monorail to MK, how crowded the monorail can be?

The monorail can be crowded, but we've always found a place to stand at very least. I would say there's five-ten minutes between each monorail stop depending on traffic flow and everything operating smoothly. Usually no more than a ten minute wait for a monorail and about ten-fifteen minutes from Poly to MK with a stop at the GF first. It's a pleasant ride. You can also opt for the boat launch, which is also quick and pleasant. To add to that, the monorail is rarely crowded at the Poly stop but can be getting full by the GF stop.

3. I found that in the standard Poly rooms there is no separate vanity area with the sinks (one sink, tub and toilet are in one compartment). Will it be comfortable for 2 adults and 1 child?

It's more than comfortable for 2 adults and 2 children. We're not all in the bathroom at once, no big deal. The bathroom area is larger than the moderate bathrooms (except the separate sink area with curtains is handy there) and the rooms are larger, beds are larger, making the whole experience much more comfortable than a moderate.

The bottom line is that if it's a financial stress, reconsider. The resort is gorgeous and the experience there is amazing. The ease of the monorail to MK and Epcot and boat launch really takes some tension out of vacation time-- but not if you're going to replace that stress with fear of overspending. Best wishes making a decision.

Polynesian Dweller
02-28-2008, 11:21 AM
Not large at all really. I would say that 8 to 10 minutes is a quite generous amount and its more like 5 to 7 for the greatest distance and most rooms are much closer than that.

2. Monoraril: Actually to go to MK we rarely use the resort monorail (not once in the last 3 years) and use the resort launch instead. Its faster since there is no stop at GF while the monorail stops there. Waits on the monorail are 10 to 15 minutes and about 10 for the resort launch.

3. Never a problem in terms of space for us.

Aurora
02-28-2008, 12:46 PM
The Poly is our absolute favorite resort. Besides the wonderful tropical atmosphere of the resort itself, there is one thing it has that NO other property at WDW offers: walking distance to the TTC!! That means you can WALK to get a monorail to both Epcot and the MK.

Also it's wonderful to hear the music of the Magic Kingdom waft across the lagoon, and at night you can watch the Electrical Water Pageant. Also you can see Wishes from the resort and if you're at the pool, you can even listen to the music under water!!

Olga
02-29-2008, 01:46 AM
Thank you so much for all your comments!!!