PDA

View Full Version : Kidcot Funstop Masks at World Showcase

ljv1975
02-27-2008, 08:33 PM
Is there an age restriction to do the kidcot stops and get the mask in world Showcase? DD is 2, and I thought it might be something she would like. I think the passport thing is too old for her, but she does like to color.

Do the CM's stamp the mask or write anything on it like they do on the passport? Thanks!

#1donaldfan
02-27-2008, 09:43 PM
I'm not sure of the age...I just thought I'd pass along that our kids didn't care much for that sort of thing.....they wanted rides, rides, rides.....:mickey:

mook3y
02-27-2008, 10:01 PM
Definately no minimum restriction.

I can say the station in Canada is a life saver for us when were waiting for our Le Cellier reservations in Canada.

We have yet to do them all, but we definately have stopped at some stations the last 3 years.

Kids this year will be 4 and 6.

dizknee531
02-27-2008, 10:39 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup:No age restriction. The cast memmbers are so great, they make the experience fun for evry child. My daughter is 16 and still has hers from a few years ago. The stop at The Land is great and spacious.Restrooms are there, it's cool and a nice break. Enjoy!!:thumbsup:

MickeyChick
02-28-2008, 09:21 AM
At every station, they add a dangly icon from that country or area... like in Italy, they attached a little die cut mask, in Germany they put on a gingerbread cookie. I forget what they all were, but it was cool.

My only caution is that the coloring tool they offer are Sharpie markers. You know how toddlers love markers...on their skin, clothes, the walls, every where.

MicMouse
02-28-2008, 09:52 AM
Nope - no age restriction.

My son was 4 the last time we were at WDW. He fell asleep halfway thru the World Showcase and I was able to finish his mask for him.

wire0monkey
02-28-2008, 11:16 AM
No age restrictions. At each stop, they tie a cardboard or plastic charm to the corner of the mask and stamp the wood handle with a picture of Mickey and the name of the country.

At some of the stops, the CM wrote things for the boys on the mask, like their names or "hello." I have the boys' names written out in Japanese, Chinese and Arabic now. One of these days I'm going to copy them in calligraphy and frame it.

PAT9760
03-01-2008, 02:50 PM
During our last trip, my three grandkids, ages 5,5, and 3 stopped at all the kidcot stops in the World Showcase - and had a great time. We didn't stop to do any coloring, just picked up the masks then got the handles stamped, the charms attached, and their names printed in Chinese and Japanese on the back. Like
Mook3y, the kids did all their coloring in Canada as we had a long wait for our Le Cellier reservation to be called.