PDA

View Full Version : Informing Resort of Event?

OhToodles!
02-27-2008, 04:22 PM
I know I've read on here about calling a resort ahead of time to inform them of a special event (birthday, anniversary, etc.) that will be taking place during a stay. Does anyone have any experience with this? My in-laws leave tomorrow morning to celebrate their 30th anniversary and I wanted to call their resort to inform them of it before they check-in tomorrow. Am I too late? If I can - how do I find the phone # to the resort? Any help is appreciated.

Strmchsr
02-27-2008, 05:48 PM
You can certainly call and let them know. There's no guarantee anything will happen, but you never know. If you want to make sure to surprise them with something call Disney florist and order them a gift basket or something.

You can find the resort phone number in Info Central with all of the other WDW phone numbers.

OhToodles!
02-28-2008, 11:36 AM
Thanks!
I went ahead and called CBR before I got your message and they said they would put balloons and a card in the room for them. They also put a note for the runner, not sure if this is the same thing as the balloons & card, but either way I was pleased with the service. Hopefully they get them - I'll just have to wait and see. :mickey:

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-28-2008, 12:17 PM
My DH told them when he booked a carriage ride as a surprise. Some of the restaurants did something special for us. Apparently it was noted along with the ADRs too.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-01-2008, 04:33 PM
When we've made reservations that ask if we will be celebrating anything special while we are there. Tell them to ask at guest relations in the parks for their anniversary buttons too. If nothing else at least they'll get a lot of people wishing them a happy anniversary.

debandbub
03-02-2008, 10:49 AM
We went in December to celebrate two birthdays. (Mine and my better half's) It was noted on the reservation. The morning of her birthday, I went to the front desk to ask if we could have some balloons and a cake delivered to the room. It was too late for a cake (need at least 48 hours notice), but they said no problem for the balloons. They also asked who her favorite character was. When I gave them my credit card for the balloons, they said it was no charge. When we returned to the room that afternoon, there were balloons, chocolates and a card from ..... ARIEL! It was great.
Three days later, on my birthday, we returned to the room and there were more balloons, two more small boxes of chocolates, and two cards, one for each of us. (one from Chip and one from Goofy), which leads me to believe that those things would have shown up even if I didn't mention about Deb's b-day.
Anyways...I still don't think you should take a chance, order the stuff from the florist, and anything else that might happen is just bonus.

#1disneyfan
03-02-2008, 11:00 AM
Our anniversary is 2 weeks after our stay. We were unable to book during that time due to school starting. Would it be in bad taste to celebrate 2 weeks early?

OhToodles!
03-03-2008, 11:53 AM
I don't think it would be in bad taste at all. My in-laws are celebrating now and their anniversary isn't until the end of May.
My DH & I went 6 months after we got married (we needed a honeymoon just the 2 of us since we took a trip with 9 other people 2 weeks after we got married) and at the first place we went (Garden Grill) they gave us both the 'Just Married' and 'Anniversary' buttons!
So celebrate away any chance you get!!

Disneyatic
03-03-2008, 01:15 PM
My cousin and his wife are in WDW right now celebrating their anniversary. They had it noted on their reservations and when they checked in at the Grand Floridian they were told "Congratulations on your anniversary, you have been upgraded to a Magic Kingdom view room with a private balcony" ! WOW! They were so excited when they called to tell me, I am jealous but very happy for them! How magical!
So definitely note it on reservations and ADRs you never know what kind of magic will come your way!

TheRustyScupper
03-04-2008, 09:55 AM
1) Balloons and a card are complimentary.
. . . they are delivered by the Front Desk Runner
. . . there is no schedule for delivery
. . . but, it is delivered after check-in and not prior
2) Sometimes, the resort can upgrade a room, but seldom.
3) Make certain the event is on the reservation.

OhToodles!
03-07-2008, 05:11 PM
Well my in-laws are back and their room was upgraded. They also mentioned it when they arrived to check in. They also got at least the card sent to their room (don't remember if they said balloons too). They also said a lot of the restaurants gave them free dessert since they were wearing their buttons.
Can't hurt to mention stuff - you'll never know what you'll get!