PDA

View Full Version : WL/ Mini-bar?

ToDisney
02-27-2008, 02:57 PM
While on the Disney website I was reading their description of the WL rooms ,
this caught my attention...
"Amenities include in-room wall safe, voice mail and hairdryer. Iron and ironing board, coffeemaker, mini-bar and refrigerator are available upon request."

Although I believe refrigerators are standard in all mod and del resorts now; I'm not so worldly a traveler the meaning of "mini-bar"
Sorry if this sounds a bit naive, but who else am I going to ask but someone who's been there!:mickey:

KylesMom
02-27-2008, 03:30 PM
I would have to say that they haven't updated their room descriptions in quite some time. Everything they describe, with the exception of the mini-bar, is standard in a W/L room.

Typically a mini bar is a refrigerator filled with small bottles of liquor, beer, soda, and even candy bars & the like. Housekeeping does an inventory when they clean the room each day, and charge your room accordingly for any items which have been used.

Does any one have any experience with a mini-bar at W/L in recent times? It does say upon request, but I wonder if they provide these any more?

pox24
02-27-2008, 03:33 PM
I have never seen a mini bar at either the main hotel rooms or the villas next door. The WL villas next door are the DVC accomodations. The studios have a wet bar, frig, microwave, toaster and sink. Perhaps that is what they mean. The only hotel where we have seen a mini bar with adult bevs in it has been the GF. Unless something has recently changed. Even the JR suites at the WL do not have a boozebar, but they have a wet bar.