PDA

View Full Version : AK or Hollywood Studios??

Meredithb
02-27-2008, 11:29 AM
We are going to be in Orlando the week of March 29-Apil 5, but only have 2 1/2 days of Disney time... We are doing a P&PP on April 1, MK on April 4, and we can go to one more park on March 30... any suggestions on which would be our best option?... I am the only one in my family who has been to WDW before (although I haven't been to AK) and my children are 3 and 5... and 31 if you count my husband!! Please give me your best advice...

DDuck66
02-27-2008, 11:34 AM
With your kids ages, I would probably go to AK. There is a lot to see and do which might be better suited to young children. AK also has shorter hours which would leave time for dinner somewhere else or maybe a trip to DTD for shopping and dinner.

Meredithb
02-27-2008, 11:51 AM
AK is kind of what I was leaning towards... correct me if I am wrong, but isn't HS more show oriented? I think my kids would like Playhouse disney and Ariel's grotto, but my overall gut feeling is that they need a little more activity and would enjoy some of the "ride" attractions at AK... thanks for your help!

LauraleeH
02-27-2008, 01:21 PM
You'll definitely get a lot more out of Animal Kingdom with little kids.

Meredithb
02-27-2008, 01:47 PM
Thanks... any one else out there want to make a plea for Hollywood Studios or is Animal Kingdom the consensus on this one?

jpH/keD
02-27-2008, 02:41 PM
I also think AK for your kids and their ages is a good fit, HOWEVER, that is a very busy spring break time and crowds are always an issue.

The pathways at AK are so narrow and jam ups are always going on there! I would say if you did go to DHS you would have plenty for your kids to do. They have the whole Muppet thing and Playhouse Disney has been re-worked and updated. My DD5 HATED Voyage of the Little Mermaid since Ursula is so prevailent in the show. If I had to do that part over I would skip that show for a few years! They have Lightning McQueen and the Incredibles there too if you like characters. Both of my kids DS2 at the time sat thru B&BLoS and never got bored for one minute! It's a great show!

That park has much wider walkways and doesn't seem as crowded as AK does even on the busiest of days! Just my 2 cents! Have fun what ever you decide! :thumbsup:

Meredithb
02-28-2008, 08:49 AM
Thanks for the advice dduck66, lauraleeH, and jpH/Ked! I think Animal Kingdom it is.... my 3 year old hid her head when we went to see Disney on Ice when Ursla made an appearance, so I think AK is looking like the choice. It will be our first day at Disney... so I really don't want to scare her to death the first day, or I will never get her into the Haunted Mansion at the MK (one of my favorites)!