PDA

View Full Version : Pop instead of movies, mistake?

momof3+twins
02-27-2008, 09:37 AM
I have decided stay at POP this time. I am worried because we really love the movies. We stayed at the Sports one night last trip and hated everything about it. Is the POP more comparable to Movies or Sports. I hate the layout of the Sports, it seemed dark at night, everything was old, it was really crazy busy, and everyone that stayed there seemed to think that they need to play football in the courtyard to the wee hours of the morning. Help! I don't want to hate my trip!!!!!!

disneymom15
02-27-2008, 09:44 AM
Pop is my favorite value resort. It's always my first choice. I've stayed at all 4 values. I think you'll be very happy with your choice.

Von-Drake
02-27-2008, 09:59 AM
I know my family definitely prefers POP over the other Values. We only stayed in Sports once, but have visited the others and think that POP is the way to go. Do some searching in this forum, there are so many threads on POP you should find a lot of things, and most seem to indicate positive reviews of the POP.

GrmGrninGost
02-27-2008, 10:40 AM
We've stayed at all three of the All-Stars in the past. IMHO, POP is better than any of them. It's newer, cleaner and more fun! :mickey:

DDuck66
02-27-2008, 10:55 AM
We've stayed at all three of the All-Stars in the past. IMHO, POP is better than any of them. It's newer, cleaner and more fun! :mickey:

:ditto:
We really love the POPs. We have stayed there many times and have never had a bad time.

gauvin4
02-27-2008, 10:59 AM
I think you made the right choice. I have stayed at both POP and AS Music. I like POP alot more. Better food court, better bussing and I loved the theme!! :mickey:

JCDarzi
02-27-2008, 12:47 PM
I think that you will be pleased. We have stayed at Pop Century several times and liked it each time. Last year we stayed at All Stars Music and it was fine too (the rooms had been recently renovated). Where we thought that Pop was better was the following:

1) Food Court - more choices, more seating.

2) Pools - we have young children and they love the kids pool behind the hippy dippy flower shaped pool and the Goofy water jet fountains.

Otherwise we thought the rooms were comparable and the bus service about the same. Have a great trip.

Disney Doll
02-27-2008, 01:06 PM
I think you made the right choice. I have stayed at both POP and AS Music. I like POP alot more. Better food court, better bussing and I loved the theme!! :mickey:

:ditto:
I've stayed at both. We liked Movies, but Pop is our favorite value.

momof3+twins
02-27-2008, 01:46 PM
I feel better now! I think it will be alot of fun!

JerseyDad
02-28-2008, 04:39 PM
...POP is TOPS...you will have a great time. I always do!!

...it's bright...colorful...has great landscape...(sorry...I notice that type of stuff)...and the grounds are really nice!

(and don't forget to indulge with the tie-dyed cheescake!!)

Tink#64
02-29-2008, 12:30 AM
It sounds like you are nervous about your choice. Why is that? I'm really not trying to sound rude, but why did you decide to try Pop? If you just want to try something new & different, then let this trip be an adventure! If you find after this trip that you still prefer ASMo's then go back there next trip!

We stayed at ASMo's our 1st trip & we loved it! But Pop had opened about 6 months before our second trip & we wanted to try it since it was new, now it's our Disney home! :cloud9:

I too have thought about rtying someplace different & have worried that we might be dissappointed! We've thought of trying a mod, but I feel that we just aren't ready, they seem too grown up for our personal tastes right now. So, since I know I feel this way, I know we're not ready & I don't think we'd enjoy our stay nearly as much, since I think our expectations would be a little off for what we'd experience. Does this make since? We're just not ready to grow up! We love the lively hustle & bustle & all the WOW - COOL stuff at Pop! The mods look very pretty, but I think we'd miss the COOL stuff too much!

The Hippy Dippy pool is great! There is a seperate water feature - the water jets, located just out the back & to the left of Classic Hall, my DS's still have great fun there! We love the huge icons, they are so silly & fun! Great photo op's here! It's so pretty & serene to take a walk around HourGlass Lake and watch the ducks! At night from that area you can see some of IllumiNations! And the bus service thee is much better than OUR experience of the bus situation with the AS's.

Can you tell we love POP? But if you aren't ready to give up your love of ASMo's yet - then don't! Only you know how your family feels & what is going to make the best possible trip for you!

Whatever you choose - I wish you a magical trip! :tink:

momof3+twins
02-29-2008, 08:39 AM
It sounds like you are nervous about your choice. Why is that? I'm really not trying to sound rude, but why did you decide to try Pop? If you just want to try something new & different, then let this trip be an adventure! If you find after this trip that you still prefer ASMo's then go back there next trip!

I guees that I am nervous because of our experience at Sports. We have come to love th movies as our Disney home. But the kids not I wanted to try the POP. I like to let them help in the planning. And I have always thought that the POP looked neat. I am afraid that the Disney magic won't be there. But, everyone has made it clear that it will be. I think it sounds fun. But.. still when I think about this trip, I imagine being at the Movies. WE have spent so many trips there that it is sad to give it up. But I DO want to try something new. And I think within our budget that we are willing to spend this would be the best choice. I am also not ready to go to a mod. We have done that and they are beautiful but the values are more fun. Thanks for all the great tips. We will love seeing illuminations.

adoptionislove
02-29-2008, 11:57 AM
We loved everything about the Pop!

We "upgraded" to a preferred room and it was facing the hourglass lake and it was really quiet!

You will be happy there.

Michelle

crazypoohbear
02-29-2008, 01:31 PM
We liked POP.
We stayed at AS Music last year and Pop the year before. I preferred POP.
My kids liked POP because of all the "old style" things.