PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic Package or Not?

Princess2BsMom
02-26-2008, 10:43 PM
We are going in September and I am trying to decide if we should do the Fantasmic package or not. We are already planning on a breakfast at Hollywood and Vine so we really would like to avoid going there twice. My 4 yr old DD will be with us and I have heard that Brown Derby is less "kid" friendly. And I have heard mixed reviews about Mama Melrose. --- With all that said, would you suggest just taking our chances without the package or just go ahead and do it. Just don't really want to wait forever in line to get seated at the show. And didn't know how bad the crowds will be for the show in September. By the way, we will be on the DDP. PLEASE HELP!!:girl:

DreamFinder2
02-26-2008, 11:16 PM
My DW and I have done the FDP the last few times we've traveled to WDW and really like it. HBD is our restaurant choice, although we've eaten at MM, too. We ALWAYS see plenty of families at HBD, so I wouldn't worry about that. Of course, remember it'll require 2TS points on your DDP.

We've also liked the special seating for Fantasmic!...although we've been known to pay for the package and not actually go to the show :blush:.

All-in-all, I'd do the package.

ghost of christmas past
02-26-2008, 11:46 PM
we did the fantasmic dinner package and ate at hollywood and vine. it was great. the food was great and it was nice walking up the secret path to our seats.

since it is a buffet restaurant the food is many and varied. i would eat their again with no problem.

have fun with whatever you decide. '

'by the way, my kids were 2 and 6 at the time and the buffet was great because everyone has different tastes.

dolphinmickey9170
02-26-2008, 11:49 PM
Our first time, we did not use a package. We ended up in the standing room only section. I couldn't see a thing. We decided right then and there to use the package. It also saves you from having to stand in line waiting to be let in. The seating is great. We also love Mama's. We didn't see anything on the menu that interested us, so we asked if they would make a chicken dish with pasta and a cheesy garlic (alfredo type) sauce. The accomodated quickly and it was great.

jszczur5
02-27-2008, 12:45 AM
I highly recommend the Fantamic/dinner package. Your seats are guaranteed, and the wait time is reduced. We enjoyed our dinner at H&V last year. I would think that the dinner is very different than the character breakfast, so you probably wouldn't even feel like you're at the same restaurant. We will be trying Mama Melrose's this year just to switch things up a bit.

adoptionislove
02-27-2008, 09:47 AM
I would definately do the package!

We did it in 06 and we are going again in 2 weeks!

I HATE waiting in line for stuff so this works really well for us. Plus, you feel like a VIP being taken to your seats up the secret path!!!

Michelle

Dreamin_of_Disney247
02-27-2008, 10:47 AM
We went in '06 and was in the standing room only section and kids were so tired. Did the package in '07 and loved it. Ate at BD with son who's 12 and daughter who's 3 at the time. Son loved the dinner and daughter loved the food on the kids menu. We will be going back this summer and son begged to do the package and eat at BD again. I won't go without the package from now on. Hope you Enjoy!:mickey:

disneylovinmom
02-27-2008, 10:36 PM
I have never felt it was necessary to purchase the Fantasmic dinner package. If you plan wisely and get there about an hour before the show starts you will get a decent seat. At least that it what I have experienced. I like to plan our biggest meal later in the afternoon so we might only need snacks before Fantasmic and we get those right before we go in the theater and eat while we are waiting in our seats. We do not have small children anymore, though, so I guess that may make a difference to someone who would do better having the kiddos sitting at a table to eat:mickey: