PDA

View Full Version : Snack Credits

mook3y
02-26-2008, 10:40 PM
Ok, so we decided to go for the Deluxe ddp.

2 snack credits a day? wow

Previously, we always end up bringing a LOT of snacks home with us in the form of Goofy's Candy, Chip N Dale's snacks, etc.

Just curious of what items you take home from your snack credits. Long shelf life is a plus!

TIA

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-26-2008, 11:12 PM
We like to bring home fudge and cookies from Goofy's. We stocked up last time and they last for a couple of weeks.

Did I read it right....the DDP Deluxe gives you 3 CS/TS credits that you can use in any combination a day? Does that mean you could use all 3 on TS?

mook3y
02-27-2008, 12:23 AM
We like to bring home fudge and cookies from Goofy's. We stocked up last time and they last for a couple of weeks.

Did I read it right....the DDP Deluxe gives you 3 CS/TS credits that you can use in any combination a day? Does that mean you could use all 3 on TS?

You got it right, we finished up our plans for ADR's tonight and in 10 days, we have 2 CS planned (probably only because on those days we will be at BB and TL and they dont have TS :D)

We are also planning on doing 5 "signature" restaurants.

I know many would think we are going to be spending all our time eating (we think so too!) lol. But, our kids are still little 4 and 6 this year and we really take it easy.

AND

This year, we are hitting all our favorite restaurants and all the ones we have been wanting to try! (except V&A maybe for 10 year anniversary???!!!! ;) )

auntfrannie
02-27-2008, 05:41 AM
Can the snack credits still be used for pretty much anything under $4? That's how it worked last year but when I looked at the dining plan overview it looked they list only certain snacks. I'm also doing the deluxe dining plan this year and the 2 snack credits each day means I'll be bringing home lots of treats (hopefully). Last year we brought home 6 of the chocolate rice krispie bars, 6 chocolate covered pretzels, and other assorted goodies from Goofy's candy shop.

TheDuckRocks
02-27-2008, 12:18 PM
When we were there in Jan. 2008 with the new DDP rules in effect I was told that snack credits can now only be used for items that are considered a single serving size. A couple of examples I was given were:
1) You can get caramel apple but you're not allowed to get a large bag of pretzels which cost less.
2) You can get an individual large cookie but not a small package of 6 tiny cookies.
3) You can get a single dip ice cream cone that costs about $2.49 or you can get a double dip that costs $3.69.
I'm not to sure of the logic behind all this but that was how it was explained to me.:confused:
Another thing that bugged me was that at most locations there was not signage that was clearly marked. And when I asked they told me to take whatever I wanted to the check out counter and if it wasn't covered I could go back and get something else. Isn't this just going to make a whole lot more work fot the CMs?

Johnno52
02-27-2008, 03:11 PM
If you are at the Boardwalk Bakery try the "Sticky Bun" It comes with its own container travels well and great for bringing back home! We treated our relatives with them and they loved them! They last a good 2-3 days or longer warmed up.:cloud9:

Red Randal
02-28-2008, 09:10 PM
A favorite pastime of mine is standing around a food court around hotel checkout time. I got not one but TWO free meals this way from people looking to spend extra dining plan meals before leaving. :D

I've also been offered pretzels, candy, etc. and yes I've taken tons of it home.

In fact, I still have a Mickey shaped Rice Krispy treat in my cupboard from August 2006. Yeah, I should probably get around to throwing that out.