PDA

View Full Version : Downtown Disney

HairyBear
02-26-2008, 10:19 PM
Downtown Disney attendance has grown by leaps and bounds. Everytime I go it seems as if I'm actually going to a theme park. Disney has done a fabulous job promoting the Disney brand and creating a sense of urgency to come here and buy something. It's almost like shopping on Christmas Eve but crazier. Sometimes I look around and remind myself that I'm not in a Disney park but a Disney shopping venue. I think they may need to put a parking garage like the ones at Universal outside for all the people to park. Either that or start having tram service.

figgie
03-02-2008, 01:56 PM
:angry:Boy, do I agree with you on the parking problems at DD. They are really getting bad. It is much easier to park on the last lot down on the west side although the distance is farther away from the shopping and stuff. Never a problem there but quite a commute. We love to ride the water Taxi to the East side but it does take more time. If you are staying at a hotel or coming from a theme park area, taking the bus is sometimes a good option. Go prepared knowing that there will be a hard time to find a parking spot and don't take an attitude with you, and if you don't find it too crowded, it will be a happy surprise!

With all things Disney, attitude is everything.:mickey:

DDuck66
03-03-2008, 10:47 AM
Welive about a hour away, and if we want to make a quick shopping trip we always try and get there as the shops are opening because of the parking issue. If you are not there by 10:00 am, you always have a long walk. A lot of times we will go to one of the parks, and ride the or monorail to a resort and then take a bus to DTD.

caryrae
03-03-2008, 11:44 AM
Yeah the parking can be hard sometimes. If there was someway to add an underground parking area that would be good but I would not want them to build up and block the view of DTD from the street.

Little off topic, do you guys think they will ever expand the Marketplace side or will the whole DTD area stay pretty much the same?

figgie
03-09-2008, 08:25 PM
Since they are building the new area over on the AK side, I don't think they will be adding to DD soon.

Jonas_Swe
03-12-2008, 04:40 AM
Wouldn't it be really cool if DTD got a monorail station? :cool:

Then guests could use the TTC's parking lot and head to DTD for shopping and the parks for fun with the same transportation service... :D

FlaTinkRAMESAM
03-12-2008, 10:57 AM
:angry:Boy, do I agree with you on the parking problems at DD. They are really getting bad. It is much easier to park on the last lot down on the west side although the distance is farther away from the shopping and stuff. Never a problem there but quite a commute. We love to ride the water Taxi to the East side but it does take more time. If you are staying at a hotel or coming from a theme park area, taking the bus is sometimes a good option. Go prepared knowing that there will be a hard time to find a parking spot and don't take an attitude with you, and if you don't find it too crowded, it will be a happy surprise!

With all things Disney, attitude is everything.:mickey:

just to clarify... you can't take a bus from the theme parks to DTD... there aren't any that run from parks to DTD.

kbean
03-13-2008, 10:58 AM
I must be lucky because find parking in the front by McD everytime I go.

DizneyFanz
03-20-2008, 05:47 PM
We always find plenty of parking in the Pleasure Island/West Side area and just walk wherever we want to go, either Marketplace or West Side.

DisneyDog
03-21-2008, 05:31 PM
I think if they added an underground parking area, you would end up swimming out of your car. Florida has a very low water table and you can only dig down so low. We used to live in Naples and our pool could only be 4 feet deep. It might not be the same situation in Orlando, but I bet you couldn't go deep enough to build a parking lot.

pink
03-21-2008, 08:35 PM
I agree that DD seems to be getting busier and busier everytime we visit. I've never once been on a bus in recent years going or coming from DD that hasn't been completely packed. :mickey:

Davyjones
04-01-2008, 09:16 PM
I agree with many of you. Whenever I go to DTD, it seems as if it is more crowded than the last time I went.

Although that will never stop me from going to Ghiradelli's to get a banana split....:noway:

slpngbty56
04-03-2008, 06:36 PM
Wouldn't it be really cool if DTD got a monorail station? :cool:

Then guests could use the TTC's parking lot and head to DTD for shopping and the parks for fun with the same transportation service... :D

If we did that we'd have to pay to park.

elmjimmlm
04-22-2008, 10:54 AM
I have read several incidents lately of crime in the parking lots at DtD...Thats why I take the bus...:bus: