PDA

View Full Version : WDW Dinner Shows and Signature dining.

mook3y
02-26-2008, 07:22 PM
We are almost 180 days out and are finishing up our dining plans in preparation of making ADR's

We are going to be doing the Deluxe dining plan and will be trying a lot of "Signature" restaurants.

Here are the signature restaurants/dinner show we are planning on doing:

Narcoossee's (3rd time here LOVE IT)
Jiko (not to sure of becuase of our kids)
Luau at Poly
Yachtsman Steakhouse (1 time before)
California Grill

We will have DD 4 and DS 6 with us at each meal.

Would like to hear opinions on the dinner shows (Luau, Hoop Dee or BBQ). Luau sounded the best to us, but would like to hear from people who have tried these.

We also are open to changing Yachtsman (had a bad experience there the 1 time we went) and maybe Jiko. Any other recommendations?

MauiMouse
02-26-2008, 07:27 PM
I'd be interested to hear the responses as well as we are doing the Deluxe Dining in December. We are also going to be doing Signature meals, as are you. :mickey:

wendy*darling
02-27-2008, 03:43 PM
We are also planning to do the Deluxe Dining in October and again (if it is still available) in Jan 2009!

One of our favorite Signature restaurants is California Grill. We have dined here 3 times so far, and have it planned for both upcoming trips. The view is gorgeous- with or without fireworks. And the food is great too.

Another one we enjoy is the Brown Derby at Hollywood Studios. Lovely atmosphere- elegant, not stuffy- right in the theme park.

We have done all 3 dinner shows over the years. For us- once at the Luau was enough.
Same with the BBQ, but I must add that I attended this with a group of Boy Scouts in 2001- teen boys ages 13-18 who would rather play volleyball back at the campsite. No line dancing or characters for them The food was good, and then we left. If you have little ones, I think this would be a fun and unique time.
Hoop Dee Doo we have done 3 times now. First when my boys were 3 & 6- they LOVED it! We went again when they were 13 & 16 and we were celebrating my parents' 50th wedding anniversary- everyone had a blast. I took our Boy Scouts this past summer (2007) and they thought it was the best meal we did all week. So I think this has broad appeal, good food and lots of fun.

We are hoping to try Jiko and Yachtsman Steakhouse on the upcoming trips.
Flying Fish as well.

We have dined at Artist Point and I do recommend it. But we were there without kids- so I am not so sure about how they would like it.

It looks to me like the Deluxe DDP is very popular. I sure hope it continues for 2009, as that is our plan for our WDW portion of our "surf & turf" trip with the kids from New Year's Eve into January. My kids - now 18 & 21- really enjoy fine dining. And while we have taken them to most of the WDW restaurants over the years, they can't wait to eat at some of the places we have kept as "our secret!" ;)

SBETigg
02-27-2008, 04:06 PM
Your kids will probably enjoy Jiko and the chance to look around at the AKL. I love Narcoossee's and California Grill. Flying Fish and Artist Point also draw raves.

For dinner shows, Hoop de Doo seems to be a crowd pleaser for food and entertainment over the Luau (which gets mixed reviews).

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-27-2008, 07:21 PM
Narcoossee's (3rd time here LOVE IT)

I have never been to Narcoossee's. My DH and I had been wondering about it. What do you like that they have on the menu?

Belle_0717
02-27-2008, 08:39 PM
Hoop Dee Do is the best dinner show around. The kid's are going to love it. The Show at the luau is good, but the food is just ok.

mook3y
02-27-2008, 08:42 PM
I have never been to Narcoossee's. My DH and I had been wondering about it. What do you like that they have on the menu?

OMG love EVERYTHING so far!

Between DW and me we have had

Appetizers:
DW
Comice Pear and Endive Salad with Candied Pecans, Maytag Blue Cheese, and Walnut-Sherry Vinaigrette
& Artisan Cheeses

Me
Fried Calamari with Pepperoncini Relish
Prince Edward Island Mussels with White Wine, Garlic, Tomatoes, and Basil

Loved all our choices!

Entree's
DW
Grilled Filet Mignon with Potato Gratin and Green Peppercorn-Brandy Sauce
Both times

Me
Featuring Grilled Filet Mignon and Butter-Poached Lobster Tail with Potato Gratin and a Green Peppercorn-Brandy Sauce
Both Times

both times... yep they are that good!

Desserts

We share here. :)

Almond-Crusted Cheesecake with Lambert Cherry Sauce
TOO DIE FOR - ordered both times

Trio of Sorbet with Berries and Raspberry Sauce
Really good

Coconut-Mango Panna Cotta Wrapped in Orange Chocolate and Served with Kiki Sorbet
Really Good

Also, we have ordered French press coffee with desert, was included for us on the dining plan.

SBETigg
02-27-2008, 08:48 PM
OMG love EVERYTHING so far!

Almond-Crusted Cheesecake with Lambert Cherry Sauce
TOO DIE FOR - ordered both times

The cheesecake is truly amazing. I almost didn't order it because I ate so much, my meal was fantastic. But I was delighted with the choice and wouldn't miss it for the world. It's not as heavy as most cheesecakes and the cherry sauce, oh!

The cheese plate is very good, the buttermilk-battered oysters, the entrees mentioned by the previous poster-- and my daughter, our non-fish non-beef eater, got the chicken and it was outstanding. You really can't go wrong with anything here. All so good.

Natazu
02-28-2008, 03:16 AM
While I don't hate Yachtsman, giving something else a try might be a good idea. Maybe consider the Flying Fish (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=118570). It's one of the best Disney has to offer.
Jiko is great but some of the items can be a little esoteric for youngsters. The good news is they have a world class kitchen staff capable of making food just as plain as you may need. I'd keep it on the list.
The luau is fun and entertaining. The DxDP is a great way to experience it.
And of course, you can't go wrong with California Grill.
Another great choice is Citrico's. Yup, this kind of ADR list is what the deluxe plan is all about.