PDA

View Full Version : Help neeeded with dining options

Jaco8
02-26-2008, 06:58 PM
I am going as a first time visitor in the first week of May. I have selected the deluxe dining option and need help selecting venues. I'm going with my girlfriend and would like ideas for romantic venues and venues more suited for adults without kids however we would still like to experience character dining? Any suggestions appreciated...:mickey:

mook3y
02-26-2008, 07:30 PM
I am going as a first time visitor in the first week of May. I have selected the deluxe dining option and need help selecting venues. I'm going with my girlfriend and would like ideas for romantic venues and venues more suited for adults without kids however we would still like to experience character dining? Any suggestions appreciated...:mickey:

:welcome:
To Intercot!

and

:congrats:

On your upcoming trip!!!
Pick Signature Dining (2 credits) restaurants!

We had a bad experience at Yachtsman's steakhouse, but that was completely because they brought our kids meals when they brought our appetizers and then it took almost an hour before our steaks were brought to the table..... Food was good.

We LOVE Narcoossee's. It is very romantic, especially if you catch wishes at MK while you are eating. We have chosen Narcoossee's as our "night out" for the last 2 years and love it!

I would think the California Grill would be nice for a couple too! Trying it for the first time this year.

My personal favorite character dining experience is Liberty Tree Tavern in MK. Obviously any character dining is going to have kids around... but... unless you plan on eating at Victoria & Albert's not much your going to do to avoid that completely.

Other ones to consider from our list of favorites
San Angel Inn
Le Cellier
Cape May
Kona Cafe

oh and we love breakfast at Boma!

Hope this helps you out some!

eyoreswife
02-26-2008, 07:35 PM
wich characters are your faves? we love the lilo and stitch breakfast at ohana's and we love crystal palace for lunch or dinner in the magic kingdom(winnie the pooh and freinds) does your girlfriend still love princesses then you definately want to dine in the castle, the no kids thing i can't help you with good luck:mickey:

DizneeFan13
02-26-2008, 07:48 PM
Welcome to Intercot

I am sure you guys will have a great trip, regardless of where you decide to eat. That being said -

Resorts:
The California Grill (try to time your ADR with the fireworks at MK)
The Whispering Canyon Cafe @ WL is a lot of fun if you guys want to play along
Jiko @ AKL is supposed to be fabulous

MK:
Breakfast at the Crystal Palace with Winnie the Pooh and Friends was really nice for a character breakfast
Cinderella's Royal Table is nice if your GF is into princesses

DHS:
The Brown Derby gets rave reviews for a nicer place to eat
Sci-Fi Dine In Theater looks like a lot of fun

AK:
I haven't really eaten anywhere there no idea

Epcot: (my fav for food)
Marrakesh is my absolute fav at WDW
Le Cellier is also really good
Teppan Edo is a fun chop-chop bar
I also have heard good things about both of the restaurants in France

Now I do need to state that DW and my taste in food tends to run very ethnic, if that is not your thing skip Marrakesh and Jiko.

Otherwise, have a great time!:party:

SBETigg
02-26-2008, 08:00 PM
The Signature dining experiences are outstanding and less popular with familes with children(though there will be some children). Narcoossee's, California Grill, Flying Fish Cafe, Jiko, Citricos, and Artist Point are some great ones to consider. California Grill with fireworks viewing is a must-do for us.

For character dining, I like the Crystal Palace breakfast with Pooh characters (and timed for an early entry to the MK). Chef Mickey's has a wild, party atmosphere and can be fun, too. If you're looking for a quieter character experience, try Garden Grill, 'Ohana, or Cape May Cafe.