PDA

View Full Version : Best Resort for College Age?

LilOrmstonViolet38
02-26-2008, 02:14 PM
So i'm planning on taking my best friend to WDW for her Grad Trip next january. I would really like to stay at POFQ however money is a problem. we are trying to find two more to go so we can split the money, but we'll see. i was wondering what people's opinion of pop are without children? i stayed there once for two nights and had my niece with. would there be too many children that we would feel outta place? is it really worth the extra 55 bucks a night to upgrade to FQ? i'm having a hard time with this... at least i have a long time to think it through.

bleukarma
02-26-2008, 02:24 PM
I don’t think you will have a problem with Pop at all! Most of the time you will be at the parks anyway and the times you aren’t I doubt you will run into that many kids. I think the place you will see them the most is at the pool and there should be enough adults around to balance everything out. Just have a :marg: and have fun together! Pop is a fun resort and I think the lower rate will take some money stress off of your trip so I think it’s perfect! :mickey:

WriteDisney
02-26-2008, 02:28 PM
Haven't stayed at Pop, but I did stay at AS Sports during my high school senior trip and never had a problem with children. Whatever works for your budget! :mickey:

disneymom15
02-26-2008, 03:25 PM
I agree, I don't think you'll have a problem with to many kids. Pop is a great resort for the money. We don't spend much free time at the resorts anyway.

DDuck66
02-26-2008, 03:38 PM
We love the POP. It is our favorite value resort and we do not have any kids. I do not think you will feel out of place at all. In fact, we found that the Pops was better than the All Stars as far as the amount of kids. The only time there was an issue was when the Cheerleading Competition was going on. The only issue with that was the crowding but from inside the room, the noise was not that bad.

PirateLover
02-26-2008, 04:54 PM
I have stayed at POP twice with my boyfriend when we were in college and we had great overall experiences. You definitely get the most bang for your buck. We also stayed at CBR once during college and we really regretted spending the extra $$$$. I've heard wonderful things about the other mods but if you are trying to save then there is nothing wrong with POP. There is a lot of cool eye candy and I think it's the best theme of all the values because it incorporates every aspect of pop culture. I also think it has one of the best food courts on property.

chicade88
02-27-2008, 12:53 AM
I think it just really depends on your personalities - not necessarily your age. My boyfriend and I (21 and 20) stayed at Pop this past summer and really did not like it at all. It was very little-kidish. I know that perhaps if I was just going with a friend it might not have been as big of a deal but we definitely won't re-evaluate staying there until we have kids!

BigRedDad
02-27-2008, 08:05 AM
For just two, POP would be fine. Like another poster said, it would depend on your personality. Since you are in college, I would assume you would be going to the parks, PI, Boardwalk, and sitting at the pool. They have a bar at the pool and one inside. Depending on what comfort levels you have, two at POP would be better than 4 at POFQ. When I as in college, we were used to cramming 16-20 people in one room (Mardi Gras, Spring Break, Boardwalk for Citrus Bowl game).

LilOrmstonViolet38
02-27-2008, 09:21 AM
thanks for all the help... my biggest issue with this is that i've stayed at moderates the most so i know i'll feel a a little disappointed at POP. yet she has only stayed at CB once llike ten years ago so she will be happy anyway... i guess i just have to stop being selfish and think what she wants right? :mickey:

AlvyOT08
02-27-2008, 09:47 PM
My best friend and I just stayed at the POP in January and we're grad students. I had stayed at the POP once before with my bf. Both times I loved the POP. I didn't think that there were to many kids, plus I like kids. You're going to have kids no matter where you go. Plus, we were like never at the hotel anyway. My best friend and i had looked at staying at a mod, but decided we'd rather spend the money on food, we had the deluxe dining plan, and souveniers. it was an awesome trip and I love the POP!! It's an awesome resort and there's so much to do. the staff is also amazing. Stay at the POP and use the extra money for food, souvenirs, and the fiesta margaritas in Mexico!!! :marg:

mouse-logic
02-29-2008, 06:29 PM
So i'm planning on taking my best friend to WDW for her Grad Trip next january. I would really like to stay at POFQ however money is a problem. we are trying to find two more to go so we can split the money, but we'll see.

College grad? Consider Swan or Dolphin as an option......better location and you can get some rather cheap rates there in January. I've never stayed there, but friends have and it's the next best thing to staying in an EPCOT Deluxe.

I don't think Swan or Dolphin would be any more than a Moderate at that time of year.

TFrauts
02-29-2008, 10:55 PM
We were able to book the swan for $125 in august! although, if you can swing it, try to get a balcony....or make sure you complain and get a different room if it stinks!! Ours smelled quite musty, but the hotel is reallly nice, and well worth i if you get a great rate!

WriteDisney
02-29-2008, 11:49 PM
thanks for all the help... my biggest issue with this is that i've stayed at moderates the most so i know i'll feel a a little disappointed at POP. yet she has only stayed at CB once llike ten years ago so she will be happy anyway... i guess i just have to stop being selfish and think what she wants right? :mickey:

It's disneyworld, honestly, you'll have a blast no matter where you stay! If you end up staying at a value, it will still be fun. Just think about everything else you can splurge on for saving all that cash! But make sure that your both happy with your choice, it's both of your vacations!

DisneyOtaku
03-01-2008, 08:35 AM
After spending so many years at the Poly, two friends (we're all college aged) and I went and stayed at the POP this past Christmas. I was worried too about being 'spoiled' because of all my years at the delux resort, but I was REALLY surprised at how great the POP was! I was most impressed with the food court, but the rooms were nice too. We were in the very back of the 60s buliding (the one on the left if you are looking at the two from the lobby) and it was great!

I highly recommend the POP :number1: