PDA

View Full Version : Booking trip this friday

julyjewel
02-26-2008, 11:16 AM
we are booking a June trip this Friday. We stayed at All Star music last year. Do you think we should stay with music or try POP? I know bus service is crazy at the values to begin with. I was just wondering if it is harder to get busses from POP since it sits by itself. I'm still new at this. Also, if we want to use the pool, is it totally insane at POP and what buildings would you recommend.

Last year we stayed at Broadway at music and loved it. We used the paino pool, which was nice. We were supposed to have Jazz but we got there early and put us at broadway. It was so nice and quiet and we didn't mind the walk at all.

Any input would be helpful ASAP. Thanks.:mickey:

MickeyChick
02-26-2008, 11:33 AM
I stayed at Pop at the end of January and the lines for buses were insane and we never waited more than 20 minutes but one night leaving MK, the line for a bus to Pop reached all the way back to the entrance of the bus stop area. NO KIDDING!

The pools were never overly crowded but it was January and a little chilly when I was there.

I stayed in a preferred room, building 3, in the 50s area and it was great.

You can see a map of Pop here. (http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/maps/images/popcentury07.jpg)

Johnno52
02-26-2008, 12:24 PM
Bus transportation is a hit and miss at many of the resorts. We always combine ASMus with our DVC at BW. The worst experience on a bus was at BW! AS buses do share (MK do not, others ASS & Mus and sometimes at quite times all 3) but they are usually only a big problem after fireworks shows! Our favorite value has always been Music as it seems quieter as you have mentioned, Pop has been the opposite for us! We where in Broadway in Nov and loved it.

Wrigley
02-26-2008, 02:05 PM
We stayed at POP in July and would definately stay there again. The food court is one of the best I've found-there is something for everyone. We stayed in a preferred building in the 60's, since I was pregnant, and we loved the location. We were close to the pool (which was never too crowded) and the main building with the food court, arcade, and shopping. The bus lines were long and we did have to stand quite a few times on the busses, but overall it wasn't too bad. I would recommend trying out the POP. Have a great trip!!!:mickey:

julyjewel
02-27-2008, 11:45 AM
We have decided to stick with music. We had a nice time and we were really lucky with the busses.