PDA

View Full Version : Tax Question

Mr. Brass Bonanza
02-26-2008, 10:41 AM
I live and work in Connecticut. The company I work for is based out of Massachusetts. So, they take out Massachusetts income tax, and not Connecticut income tax. I inquired about this about half a dozen times to make sure this was OK, and they said yes. They said Connecticut will recognize I'm having Mass tax taken out, and it will be fine.

To complicate things, earlier in the year I had another job where Connecticut income tax was taken out.

So, assuming the Mass tax is fine, will I still be able to do my taxes on my own using TurboTax, or is this too messy? Would I need to file both CT and Mass state income tax forms?

Strmchsr
02-26-2008, 11:43 AM
I would contact a representative at your state Dept of Revenue to ask. However, given my own experience, you should not have to file Mass income tax because you neither work, nor live, in Mass. The only way I would see you having to file Mass income tax is to get a refund on the money paid in so that you could pay your CT tax. That seems ridiculous, but, as I said, to be on the safe side and not get into anything sticky, contact the Dept of Revenue then you'll know if you need to find a tax professional or if you can file yourself.