PDA

View Full Version : Swan or Dolphin?

tinkmommy
02-26-2008, 10:17 AM
I have the opportunity to tag along on a conference with my husband. We can book at either the Swan or the Dolphin. Which is the better choice? We will also be traveling with my DD7.

Thanks for your input!!!

MOJoe
02-26-2008, 12:23 PM
These are very similar resorts. The rooms are nearly identical, but the Swan has larger beds. The Swan is smaller and has fewer amenities, like dining and shopping. And since the Grotto Pool is beside the Dolphin, if you stay at the Swan, it takes a couple more minutes to get there. Some people like the smaller Swan because it seems less busy. And if you are a Karaoke fan, the Swan has Kimono's. But since these hotels are "sister" resorts, you can take advantage of the other's offerings, so it matters little which one you choose.

DisneyDudet
02-26-2008, 12:45 PM
We have stayed in both.

Swan:
Smaller resort as a whole. Beds are bigger, and there's a vanity in the bathroom, and on the outside, so you have two sinks and to areas to get ready. Completely Non-Smoking. Closer to the walkway that connects Epcot, BW, and MGM.

Dolphin:
Larger, and more open feeling. You can get lost in this resort!!! The sinks are outside the potty/shower area, and the beds are your normal double sized. I do not know if the Dolphin has converted to non-smoking, but they do have non-smoking areas.

Where would I stay again? I would stay at the Dolphin before the Swan. They are both lovely resorts, but I like the open feeling of the Dolphin. It is a larger resort, and maybe I like that? I don't know. I know that we had a balcony at the Dolphin, by pure luck, and loved it. The lobby is less stuffy, and there's a lot more shopping and eating areas.

crazypoohbear
02-26-2008, 12:47 PM
I prefer the Dolphin with small children. IT has Tubbys (picabu) as a 24 hour food/convience store. Also the grotto pool is much closer to the Dolphin. the Dolphin also has a soda shop. Both hotels are very nice and have the heavenly beds but as stated the swan has queen size beds while the dolphin has double beds.