PDA

View Full Version : I'm reading Disney Wars now

murphy1
02-26-2008, 10:04 AM
This book is a must read for Disney fanatics! I know a few here have read it. It's about Michael Eisner's rise and fall at Disney. I'm almost halfway through it. I happened to find it at the library on the return shelf and I have had it on my must-read list, plus I got through all the Harry Potter books.

I have to add, it says a lot about Bob Iger, I think this man is really great. He is also a family man and rebuilt a lot of the bridges that Eisner burned. .

PirateLover
02-26-2008, 10:18 AM
I really enjoyed that book. At some point there is a quote from Ian, yes our very own Ian. I think it's towards the end, during the part with the shareholders meeting in Philadelphia.

crazeedizneefinatic
02-26-2008, 11:38 AM
I just bought mine too, have not had a chance to really read it yet. I bought mine at a Dollar Tree store, LOL! I have been amazed at some of the great books I have found there.

Ian
02-26-2008, 11:58 AM
I really enjoyed that book. At some point there is a quote from Ian, yes our very own Ian. I think it's towards the end, during the part with the shareholders meeting in Philadelphia.Don't forget Tracy!! She was mentioned too ... my partner in crime!

But I agree that it is is a great book. Very enjoyable read. I'd also highly recommend Neal Gabler's bio of Walt ... that was even better.

murphy1
02-26-2008, 12:08 PM
Ian, what page are you guys on? That's cool! What do you all think about the whole Katz/Eisner fued? I kept blaming one then the other, then I thought the two sounded like little boys fighting over a toy.:mickey: Ian, thanks for the rec, I'll put that on my reading list!

Ian
02-26-2008, 04:41 PM
Ian, what page are you guys on? That's cool! What do you all think about the whole Katz/Eisner fued? I kept blaming one then the other, then I thought the two sounded like little boys fighting over a toy.:mickey: Ian, thanks for the rec, I'll put that on my reading list!I'm not 100% sure what page it is, but we're in the Index. You can look us up there.

bleukarma
02-26-2008, 05:05 PM
I read that book and I really found it a great read! I do think you have to be a true Disney fanatic to get through it, but I thought it was very good! :mickey:

I was impressed with how he seemed to really value the opinion of his wife. It seems like with any big decision he asked his wife what she though. That told me that he was a true family man, even if he was the head of one of the biggest corporations in the world. I like that.

Tink#64
02-26-2008, 11:18 PM
I read that last summer & thought it was very enlightening! I had alot of mixed emotions while reading this book. At times - I thought yeah Eisner & at times I though he sounded like a complete jerk! Maybe he falls somewhere in between. :confused:

I love to read anything & everything Disney, usually the books are on a much lighter note! I thought this one was very thought provoking!

My oldest DS's is currently working on a biography project. We looked at so many books at the library, he had certain guidelines/stipulations about the person/book. We checked out this book, & one about Walt Disney, and one about Johnny Depp. I had read all 3 so I knew that I could help him! (Shhh! :secret:) He ended up picking Johnny Depp! I was really hoping that he'd chose Walt! :mickey:

SgtTigger
02-27-2008, 06:42 PM
Guess I need to put this on my list.......

:cop: :tigger:

Tink#64
02-27-2008, 11:06 PM
After I posted to this thread I realized that I may be confusing 2 different books. Sorry! :blush: I also read "Keys To The Kingdom - How Michael Eisner Lost His Grip". I read everything Disney that I can find & sometimes I forget what I read in which book. I've never read a book about anything pertaining do Disney that I didn't find interesting though! From any point of view, the stories of WDW and it's people are amazing! :thumbsup: