PDA

View Full Version : Figment reopens

Stitichgawrsh
02-26-2008, 12:27 AM
We just returned from WDW tonight. We went on Journey into Imagination with Figment on the day that the ride reopened from a small rehab. We found that most of the rehab was done on the Image works and perhaps a paint job in the ride. In the the "imaginary" train room or sound lab, Figment seems to move around a little more or has enhanced audio animatronics. In the Image works, the picture stations were redone with new cameras and added effects. The only problem with the new software is that we could not send pictures home via E-mail. In addition, there is a new floor, more lighting, and the sound squares contain new instrument audios. Are there anymore updates coming up for figment? We miss Dreamfinder!

CanadianWDWFan
02-26-2008, 07:16 AM
Good news! My boys will be happy to hear it is open for our trip in 9 dyas!

Thanks for posting the updates!:thumbsup:

MickeyChick
02-26-2008, 08:37 AM
I hadn't been on JITI since 1996 when we were there this past January and I was so disappointed. I missed the Dreamfinder and the whole feeling of the old ride. I really dislike the new one and find it imagination-less. blech. I am so hoping for a return to the style of the older ride.

mudpuppysmom
02-26-2008, 10:12 AM
We were there in January and a CM was telling us about the "rehab". He said he thought all they were going to do was paint the ceiling, so I guess they did more!!

Also, we sent home the picture emails and no one ever got them (which was a problem many times, just not this last time.....I sent them to seveal different people and NO ONE got them this last trip!!) Hopefully they will bring that option back again -- everyone liked to see us on vaca!

JPL
02-27-2008, 11:50 AM
Glad to hear it's open and got a nice refresh. :thumbsup: