PDA

View Full Version : Late Check-In...Really Late

DreamFinder2
02-26-2008, 12:06 AM
Our flight gets into Sanford airport at about 11pm. We're using a towncar service to get to the ASMo for our first night, but probably won't arrive until 12:30am or later :sleepin:.

I'm assuming our reservation is "guaranteed" no matter how late we are, but should I call to confirm?

TammiMcMan
02-26-2008, 12:26 AM
I'm assuming our reservation is "guaranteed" no matter how late we are, but should I call to confirm?It's basically guaranteed because a package is pre-paid in full and if you have a room only reservation, you pay the first night as a deposit. That being said, I have it noted on my reservation that we'll be a late arrival and even note what time we'll be getting in. On one trip, I think we got there at 3am and had no problem.

mrsgaribaldi
02-26-2008, 12:27 AM
I would let them know that you're going to be checking in late. It can't hurt.:mickey:

IC10
02-26-2008, 05:50 AM
We sent a fax stating what time we would be there. Our check in at 2am was a breeze and we were not the only ones.

CanadianWDWFan
02-26-2008, 07:11 AM
We have had a couple of 1 AM check-ins that went very smoothly. One was a room only reservation and the other was a package. There was no difference between the two. We did have it noted on our reservations that we would be arriving late.

IloveDisney71
02-26-2008, 02:08 PM
We checked in this past Thursday night after 1 am (I guess that would be early Friday morning!:D) at the POP. I didn't even think about calling to tell them we would be arriving late until we had been in the car for a few hours. I didn't have the phone number so I couldn't call from the car. Anyway, we had a room only pkg. and we had NO problem at check-in.
I usually call ahead, if I know we are arriving late but just forgot this time.
Our CM was very helpful. He even took the time to move us to a different room. They had us assigned to a third floor, but he noticed (before I could even point it out) that we had requested a bottom floor.

sillyolbear
02-26-2008, 03:32 PM
I had the exact question last week reserving a room at Pop Century for one night before going to Saratoga Springs. Our flight lands at 11:40 pm and the IM vacation planning cast member said the room is guaranteed until the next morning.

I'm still going to call to confirm the evening we travel, but was glad to know of the guarantee anyway.

CleveRocks
02-26-2008, 10:15 PM
If calling ahead makes you feel better, then by all means do it ... it will do no harm.

But let me assure you that it is 100% unnecessary. Your reservation is guaranteed. You are not considered a no-show until 6:00 a.m. the following day.

Seriously.

To you, checking in at 2:00 a.m. is a new and scary thought. But to WDW resort front desk staff, it's every day business as usual. And your room is guaranteed until 5:59 a.m. no matter what.

garymacd
02-27-2008, 09:58 AM
We were incredibly late getting into POFQ a couple of years ago due to a blizzard in Toronto. We were supposed to get into MCO at midnight. We landed at one-thirty am, then had to get luggage and pick up DME. We finally got into POFQ around two-thirty or three. No problem: our room was still there.

Von-Drake
02-27-2008, 10:00 AM
WOW I thought the one time we checked in at 11:30 was late. Some of you definitely have me beat.

IloveDisney71
02-27-2008, 09:23 PM
Just a note - you will NOT be the only one checking in late. When we checked in at POP a little after 1 a.m. this past Friday morning, we had to wait almost 30 minutes to get to the check-in desk. There were a lot of people checking in late.