PDA

View Full Version : just a thought (or wish)

Yano
02-25-2008, 11:33 PM
HI,
I wish that DW does something similar to the DP, but w/o the sit in ( only snacks and counter service), for example each person gets two snacks :popcorn:a day and one counter service, or two counter service, and that it would cost a little cheaper than the regular DP.
the reason I think it is a good idea, is because of the people who like myself are traveling with babies, cant spend long times to sit in a restaurant, or made plans to travel last minutes, so they don’t have time to make reservations for restaurants.
I would like to think what you guys think about this.
:thumbsup:
:flower:

crazeedizneefinatic
02-25-2008, 11:50 PM
I think that's a great idea! I would never purchase the dining plan for that reason, too many sit down meals. We participated in the free dining last september and will be again doing it this coming september. It is alot to sit down each and every day with small children. My son is 7 and is well behaved now in restaurants and does not get bored like when he was younger. If the plan was much less I would consider something like it for purchase. When we go without free dining we usually just eat CS with a few character meals here and there. Great idea!

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-26-2008, 12:31 AM
I like the sit down meals a lot but it's hard to get into some restaurants. I'd get a plan that gave me two CS and one snack. But they would need to have it for something like $16 to make it worth it.

Carol
02-26-2008, 08:35 AM
We're quite the opposite. We don't like counter-service meals. We came home with a combined 17 unused counter-service meals when we did the dining plan last year. I think you should be able to pool a bunch of those to be used for table service. :D

ElenitaB
02-26-2008, 09:45 AM
While I can see the OP's point, our experience is similar to Carol's. This past trip we had the DP twice (before and after our cruise) and each time we ended up with extra CS credits. The first time I was able to buy someone else lunch but the second they went unused. :( Too bad I couldn't use them at the airport's food court while waiting hours (and hours and hours) for our flight.

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
02-26-2008, 12:08 PM
We also had trouble using our CS and especially our snacks on the DDP. I would love the option to combine like 3 CS to make 1 TS. For us that would be the way to go. The TS meals are the only time I feel like there is "controlled" chaos at a meal, unless it is a character meal of course.

Yano
02-26-2008, 02:43 PM
:flower:thanks for your replys :mickey:
I have to say that the two times I used the DDP I liked the thight becuse w/o it we wouldn't have tried the resturant we tried. so in that respect it was a great experience. as for the snacks we alos had extra on the last day, but i think it was because I was always trying to save them, i dont really know why (wanted to use the wisly i guess!) as for the counter service , I like the fact that I dont have to wait for a table even though I have reserved a seating months ahead, and it does gice us more time at the parks :thumbsup:
If I was traveling with my DH alone I am sure to get the current DDP, but with the kids, it is not worth it, especially that the kids menue is not that good :(
anyway, I would like to hear more what you guys think, so keep those replys coming please.
:flower:

adoptionislove
02-27-2008, 11:45 AM
Hey, at least you guys get a dining plan. Disney is punishing us cause we added 2 days prior to our land and sea package and therefore took away our dining plan!!!!!????