PDA

View Full Version : New England Clam Bake?

MickeyChick
02-25-2008, 08:08 PM
I vaguely remember seeing reference to one of the resort restaurants offering a New England Style clam bake... which one is it again?

ElenitaB
02-25-2008, 08:13 PM
That would be at the Beach Club. You can read more about it (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/resorts/capemay_dinner.asp) on InfoCentral. The cost is now $26.99 for adults and $12.99 for children ages 3-9.

JPL
02-25-2008, 09:02 PM
Just a warning about the Clam Bake depending on your seafood tastes it is very hit or miss. I have visited a few times and have been both delighted and disappointed by it. It's average quality seafood at best.

DizneyRox
02-26-2008, 08:34 AM
Just a warning about the Clam Bake depending on your seafood tastes it is very hit or miss. I have visited a few times and have been both delighted and disappointed by it. It's average quality seafood at best.
And it's far from a true New England Clam Bake... I've been happy with it, but don't go with high expectations and you'll enjoy it I'm sure.

mlewis
02-26-2008, 09:58 PM
I agree, it isn't a "true" New England Clambake, but it is pretty good, especially for not being in New England.

I have tried several seafood vendors, if you want to have a good quality clambake experience I would suggest Quality Fresh Seafood.

Here is their website: www.qualityfreshseafood.com

Their prices are pretty decent, what I liked was the quality of their seafood items. We got lobsters, clams, mussels, shrimp and some awesome chowder. We cooked it on the stove in a big pot, and for a New England Style Clambake (http://www.qualityfreshseafood.com) outside of New England, it was both tasty and fun.

Let me know if you try them out and how it goes!

Until then, here is me with my Mickey hat!!!
:mickey::mickey::mickey:

Matt

DizneyRox
02-26-2008, 10:52 PM
We got lobsters, clams, mussels, shrimp and some awesome chowder.
I think you mean chowda...

mlewis
02-26-2008, 11:14 PM
Ha... 2 funny...

you had me laughing on that one, but your dead on...

"CHOWDA" is right!

Whenever I visit the New England coastline, it is the Rhode Islanders who say "chowda" the best...

I can't even imitate them, although it is all kinds of fun trying, get the kids involved, you will be laughing for days...

Unless you live in RI, and then you'll just look at the weird "tourist" family with all the kids trying to talk like they live there LOL!!

Take care,

Matt

mlewis
02-26-2008, 11:15 PM
Oh yeah...

Forgot my Mickey Hats!!!!
:mickey::mickey::mickey:

Matt