PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Weekends

MicMouse
02-25-2008, 05:27 PM
Can anyone please tell me what we can expect at DHS during the Star Wars Weekends? We will be visiting the last week in June, and will probably do DHS on Friday.

My 6 year old son is an absolute Star Wars fanatic, and he is very excited about the event. He cannot wait to see Storm Troopers up close and personal.

Is there anything to do besides meet characters? What should we expect??

Thanks!

playdead88
02-25-2008, 05:44 PM
get there when it opens! one year the stormtroopers were on the roof at the ticket booths - it was so cool they were talking to the kids while we waited for them open the gates - of course there are several chances to get autographs from the characters - there is a parade with all the star wars characters and at the jedi training they pick several kids to be in the parade - alot of kids are dressed up and most of them have lightsabers :yoda:

KylesMom
02-25-2008, 09:06 PM
Hello, fellow Illinoisan!

We've been to Star Wars Weekends many times, and each time it's the highlight of our trip.

As mentioned, be sure to get to DHS early - the lines to enter the park will be long. The meet-and-greet lines can get awful lengthy (and hot this time of year), so anticipate which characters your son wants to meet and pick a line - the earlier the better for Darth Vader, Jedi Mickey, etcetera. Usually the folks with the "Star Wars Weekends" shirts are in the know and will have schedules where each character will be, and at what times. Don't be afraid to ask until you get the information you're looking for! If you're interested in meeting the real actors that played roles in the movies, you'll need to get there extremely early - just a warning so that DS isn't disappointed if he doesn't get to meet "xxx guy who played xxx".

Don't miss the morning Star Wars parade - great photo ops, and many of the characters really play it up with the kids.

It truly is a Star Wars-Lover's dream ! :mickey:

CaptSmee
02-25-2008, 10:22 PM
If you look at info central here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/park/starwars.asp)it will list las years activities so you can get an idea of what to expect!

They have a special motorcar parade, usually have a special making of show, special merchandise, and lots of characters! I've been 3 years and always have a blast!

MicMouse
02-26-2008, 09:47 AM
Thanks everyone!

I think that Star Wars weekend will be the highlight of our trip for my son. I'm trying to come up with some kind of costume for him to wear. He has a Darth Vader costume, but it will be way to hot to wear in June, so maybe he could just wear the mask.

Anyone see any cool costumes or other ways to show Star Wars pride?

DDuck66
02-26-2008, 10:03 AM
Thanks everyone!

I think that Star Wars weekend will be the highlight of our trip for my son. I'm trying to come up with some kind of costume for him to wear. He has a Darth Vader costume, but it will be way to hot to wear in June, so maybe he could just wear the mask.

Anyone see any cool costumes or other ways to show Star Wars pride?
A lot of the kids wear the Jedi Robes. They can wear shorts and t-shirts underneath which allow them to take it off when it gets to hot. I have several of the Star Wars Weekends Shirts and T-shirts that I usually wear. You will also see a lot of people just wearing Star Wars Shirts from the various movies. You can usually find them at Spencer's or even K-Mart.

MOJoe
02-26-2008, 10:04 AM
Star Wars Weekends are great fun. In addition to the things mentioned, there are unique photo opps set up all over the left side of the Studios. And if you are interested, there is limited edition merchandise - pins, figurines, toys, ect. - for sale at designated locations. You may find that one day is not enough. You can easily spend most of the day just doing Star Wars events. So you may want to plan another day for the regular attractions at the Studios. In any case, have fun!

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
02-26-2008, 11:49 AM
Star Wars weekends is awesome but crowded. If you are a real fanatic it may take two days to get everything in. The characters are awesome and everywhere.

Scott C
02-26-2008, 01:19 PM
If you want autographs -- get there early. Last year I believe that we got in line at 6:30 - 7:00. MY wife and I got in one line and the kids got in another. The lines are just to get a fastpass to see the characters at a later time. There is one line for each of the actors. We were able to get autographs from all of the actors each weekend we were there

Thanks
Scott C

Walt Lucas
02-26-2008, 05:56 PM
SWW is a great time especially if you're into Star Wars as much as I am. The world famous 501st Legion of Stormtroopers are invited every year to take part in the parade (I'm a member of that group :blush:) With Disney allowing us to take part in the parade, it makes it much longer than it would be if it were just Disney CMs in it. Plus, if you look closely, you'll see the difference in Disneys SW costumes and the ones we make (yes, we make our own Stormtrooper costumes)