PDA

View Full Version : Carribean Beach?

pabef601
02-25-2008, 04:34 PM
We just booked a last minute trip to WDW for me DH and DD (10) for March 15-19. I am a little nervous because we are traveling without our 17 year old son who will be on a ski trip with our church. I know he will have fun too, but we have never traveled separately. Anyway, because of the last minute planning, Carribean Beach was the only resort (other than value) that we could book. Although it looks nice, we have never stayed there. Any reviews?

gwfx1031
02-25-2008, 04:41 PM
We stayed in 10/06 and liked it alot. It is very spread out, so if you are in a distant building from the main building, it can be quite a walk. The grounds and food court are great. I heard that the main pool may be under construction but I am not sure on the dates so someone else may help out there. I thought the bus service was good for the size of the resort.

mrsgaribaldi
02-25-2008, 06:43 PM
WE love it. I really like the theme. I also really liked the gift shops. It is spread out though. Each little area has its own quiet pool:thumbsup:I think you will enjoy it alot:mickey:

Wrigley
02-25-2008, 07:03 PM
I absolutely LOVE CBR. We have stayed here several times and have always had a great experience. The theme of the resort is a big seller for me-it is so colorful and tropical. The food court (Old Port Royale) has several great choices, and the arcade and gift shop are great as well. Another selling point for us was all of the pools. Each section of buildings has its own "quiet" pool which is very convenient and they usually aren't very busy. It is also very nice to have a bus stop at each section of buildings. We have always requested Martinique and have been very pleased. I know you will have a GREAT time!:mickey:

Deesdisney
02-25-2008, 07:41 PM
I have never stayed there but this is our next place to stay. I went over and walked around the Hotel. It is great. The way it looked and the beachs with chairs but no swimming was very nice. If you get a room away from the food court you can drive over and park in front. I hope you have a great time. Let us know how you liked it when you get back.

beksy
02-25-2008, 09:55 PM
We were just there (Feb 9-17) and stayed at CBR for the first time (first time on property!). We absolutely loved it. We were in Aruba across the water from Old Port Royale and were really pleased with the quality. The rooms were a good size with great theming (check out the bedspread and curtains for hidden mickeys!) and it was quiet and peaceful after a long day at the parks. There was plenty of room for our clothes and stuff without being in our way. The pool at our island was great (we saw ducks swimming one day!) and with so many pools, it was rarely crowded. The buses weren't a problem at all--never had to stand, even first thing in the morning. A big plus was the clothesline in the bathtub to hang the swimsuits on to dry. It was also really nice to use the hammocks on the beach of our island and beautiful with lots of plants and boats on the water. Take some time to check out Carribean Cay, the island in the center. It was great! We also really liked the gift shop. Two warnings: The main pool is closed for refurbishment right now but we didn't miss it. Plus, the resort is HUGE! There are internal buses to get around the resort but this can take some time. Don't let it stop you, but if you're not close to Old Port Royale and plan to use the bus system allow some extra time. We just took the walk across the island. Great experience and wonderful theming! Have fun! :mickey: :thumbsup:

RAIDER
02-26-2008, 04:19 AM
I have stayed there twice and i have found it a very relaxing place...The food court is large and well priced .. The boating lake is massive ..The sandy beaches are excellent and the private pools are large .....And the pool bar is an excellent place to watch the scenery :marg:

The tropical atmosphere gives you that holiday feeling as well ..... You wont be disappointed :thumbsup::cloud9:

poohbearlover15
02-26-2008, 07:58 PM
I love Caribbean Beach! It is very relaxing and the swimming is great! I think you will be very happy with your choice!:mickey: