PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club Newbies....

ravsluvdisney
02-25-2008, 04:00 PM
Well, after several wonderful stays at the POLY We are tackling a new adventure in Nov. - The Beach Club! We stayed there the last night of our trip last year to get a feel for the place and just as we thought....we loved it!

Anyhoo, for all those veteran BC-ers out there, we're looking for some helpful hints, hidden treats, the ins and outs of the joint ya know?! Anything that will make our stay extra magical. Thanx!! :thumbsup:

moe513
02-25-2008, 04:12 PM
The best thing about the yc/bc is the location. We enjoy strolling the boardwalk every night. Also,its great to walk over to dinner in ws after a long day in the parks. My kids love the pool. I find it too big but most people love it.

Jimenyfan
02-25-2008, 05:15 PM
Make time for a trip to Beaches and Cream, the ice cream is great and the burgers are really good too. As Moe513 said the location is just great for a quick walk to the Boardwalk or Epcot. The last time we were there they were showing movies on the beach and that was alot of fun.

playdead88
02-25-2008, 05:29 PM
we stayed at the beach club last year and it was awesome! the location to epcot is great and stormalong bay is such a great pool - its kinda like your own mini waterpark - we enjoyed cape may cafe character breakfast and beaches n cream soda shop has really good ice cream - just keep in mind they don't take ADRs so if you eat at beaches n cream try to hit it at off hours because there can be a l-o-n-g wait at peak dining hours - im sure you'll have a wonderful vacation! :mickey:

dteed
02-25-2008, 06:35 PM
Location, walk to or from EPCOT or MGM. MGM only if you miss the boat. Boardwalk restraunts and shops. Yachtsman steakhouse. The pool is great, especially for the kids, things to do all day long. Walk to mini golf just the other side of the Swan and Dolphin.

pox24
02-26-2008, 02:25 PM
The location and the pool. Stormalong Bay is like a mini water park. The Clam Bake at Cape May is a treat. For a good steak you can walk next door to the Yachtsman Steakhouse. We are DVC members and really enjoy ourselves here, especially when its hot.

momof2girls
03-03-2008, 04:22 PM
I would also like to hear more about Beach Club. We are doing the Land/Sea cruise in November and will be staying at Beach Club for our 4 day "land" portion. :cloud9: I keep hearing about how great the location is. Is it walking distance to Epcot?

trennedy
03-03-2008, 05:14 PM
We are staying at BC for the first time too!! We are going there in late October...the week of Halloween. My DS and DD are so excited to visit Stormalong Bay. They talk about the shakes at Beaches and Cream all the time. :woohoo:
We are looking forward to being so close to the Boardwalk and Epcot this time.

Maleficent's Dad
03-03-2008, 06:32 PM
Is it walking distance to Epcot?
Absolutely!!! In fact, the walk to the boat launch is longer than the walk to the International Gateway! :thumbsup:

To the OP - we make dinner reservations each night (well, almost every night) in one of EPCOT's WS restaurants. It's very nice to dine, stroll the WS area, and be able to walk back to your room as you like. Very often we'll forgo Illuminations and stroll the B'walk.

After 6 PM, the Boardwalk comes alive with free entertainment. There are jugglers, magicians, "street-acts," that sort of thing. Very often they include audience participation; it's a load of fun and great for the kids.
At the BW, you can also rent surrey bikes. At the YC, you can rent boats. All this is within easy walking distance.

The pool has been mentioned and it's great.
Also as noted above, the lines at Beaches & Cream can be a bit tedious - the place is too darned small for the resort! But it's a fun ice-cream shop.

Keep in mind you're within walking distance of the YC, BW, Swan & Dolphin, so there may be numerous restaurants that you might want to check out at these resorts as well. I highly recommend FF if you like seafood (a bit high end on the price, mind you, but the quality is outstanding).

The mini-golf is convenient as well.
The BC is all about location. That whole area - BC/BW/YC is really so great for getting a lot done easily. :mickey:

KH
03-03-2008, 06:51 PM
Ditto everything that has already been written. We stayed at the BC last year and we were fortunate enough to have a room where we could see the upper half of IllumiNations from our balcony. We could hear the soundtrack as well (although it was quite late, due to the relative speeds of light and sound). The staff knows which rooms have this view, so I would ask for it. I also recommend an IllumiNations cruise. Have a great time!

MarkC
03-04-2008, 10:05 AM
Also ditto to the prior posts. The pool area is awesome, and believe it or not us parents have had to beg the kids to get out of the pool so WE could spend more time in the parks. It may have something to do with teenage girls in the pool as well.

Also, I can leave the room at 8:50pm and watch Illuminations, and be back in my room at 9:20pm. It's a 5 minute walk (or less if you walk fast) from the BC to the International Gateway, which has a couple of the best viewing areas for the show. You will love Beach Club. We enjoyed it so much we ended up buying a time share there. Enjoy. Mark

Diz-Knee
03-04-2008, 11:52 AM
Wow, after reading everyones replies I am so excited. :D We will be staying at BC for the first time next month and I can't wait! I have a feeling I am going to have a new favorite.

disneyduggan
03-11-2008, 08:32 PM
What mini-golf place are poeple referring to on the other side of Swan and Dolphin?

Maleficent's Dad
03-11-2008, 11:13 PM
What mini-golf place are poeple referring to on the other side of Swan and Dolphin?
There are two: Fantasia Gardens - which is the typical mini-golf themed to the Fantasia movies; the other, Fantasia Fairways, is an incredibly difficult course with water and sand hazards!!!

They are within easy walking distance from the Swan Dolphin (crossing a street) and thus, very close to all EPCOT resorts.

disneyduggan
03-12-2008, 12:41 PM
I honestly didn't realize they were so close...

bruin1344
03-12-2008, 01:11 PM
Beach club is my favorite resort, once you've stayed there, you really dont want to stay anywhere else. The location is awesome. Tough to beat the short walk to Epcot, Boardwalk, and short boat ride to MGM. They have a great pool also.