PDA

View Full Version : Dining without ADRs during busy season?

WDWFan2005
02-25-2008, 12:50 PM
Well, DW and I have already made a bunch of ADRs for our trip next month, March, during the very busy Spring Break / Easter season, including some nice character meals for our toddler.

However, a couple of restaurants (eg Ohana, Boma) are booked solid for the whole week, except for a couple of late seating times (like 9:30 or 10pm, too late for our toddler). What are the chances, in your opinion and experience, that there will be some cancellations and that we can be seated earlier? When's the optimal time to call again and check for cancellations?

Thanks!

WDWFan2005

MMouse6937
02-25-2008, 12:56 PM
I would recommend calling as many times as you can up untill you leave. You never know when you might call just as someone is cancelling their ADR. Also, I would call while you're there to check, stop by the restaurant if it's convenient and check, and also stop by the front desk at your resort. They can look up what places might have available ADRs for what you're looking for. A lot of people get lucky, you never know. People are cancelling all the time. Good luck to you! :thumbsup:

GrmGrninGost
02-25-2008, 12:57 PM
Your chances are slim, IMHO, of getting in. However, I would call every morning at 7:00 AM and check to see if anything has opened up! There is always a possibility! Good luck! :mickey:

BigRedDad
02-25-2008, 02:01 PM
I would call a couple of times during the day. There may be some cancellations, but I think the walk-ins may get those quickly. It is hard to say, but it doesn't hurt to try. The premium they are charging per meal may turn people away.

maryt01
02-25-2008, 02:18 PM
we can usually get in at ohana by arriving at 4:00 pm. we ask if they can get us in . they have handed us a pager, and within 15 minitues we are usually paged. also, , do same thing next door at kona. whichever pager goes off first we usually eat at that reataurant. kna has a pomegranate pork chop that is incredible. you will not be dissapointed.