PDA

View Full Version : Help with toddler during busy season!

WDWFan2005
02-25-2008, 12:44 PM
Hello all,

We plan on taking our "less than two year old" little boy to WDW next month, March, during the very busy Spring Break / Easter Week.

We have almost always gone during the off-season, and enjoyed being able to move freely about without too much hassle. Can you offer any tips or advice to parents who are going during busy season?

Specifically, are there more buses, and do they run more frequently from resorts to the parks? Do you tend to take advantage or early magic hour? or do you just avoid it altogether?

And please ... what are some ways that you entertain your toddler in line? Is it in acceptable or poor taste for Daddy to hold a place in line while Mommy lets toddler run around letting off steam?

Thanks!

WDWFan2005

catsmommy555
02-25-2008, 12:54 PM
We used a harness so that our 2 and 3 year old could have a little bit of freedom while walking between rides. (my 2 year old is a darter) We also made sure we had little snacks for while waiting in line or a little toy I could throw in my pocket. Alot of the rides have pic's and stuff leading up to it so I spent alot of time saying who's that or what's that. We also found that taking them to the little playgrounds to run helped. As far as extra hours we always do the night ones and the MK morning ones. If the parks were open late we made sure we went back to the room for a little rest even if they didn't nap. Just a little break from all the stimulation. Hope you have a great trip!!

adoptionislove
02-25-2008, 01:57 PM
We are going to be there 3/14-3/23. We have a 2 year old and we are bringing our umbrella stroller. I plan on letting him run around a little while Dad is in line. We will also have snacks and a book and some small toys for him. Although, I am sure the book will be poo pooed but you never know!!!! LOL