PDA

View Full Version : Getting To Hoop De Doo

MMouse6937
02-25-2008, 11:08 AM
Hello fellow intercotees!

We will be going to HDD for the first time this Sept with my parents. We always rent a car and I understand that the HDD is at FW but can you all help me by being a little more specific as to what I do once we drive into FW?

Thanks as always! :thumbsup:

Mackflava99
02-25-2008, 11:14 AM
I can trully say that the bus is very very slow- so its best to drive- as for parking, there is a lot, but again, you will have to take a bus. I have found that if you drive to the WL, the walk to Whoop Dee doo isnt bad. But if you cant do that-
Park at WL, go through the beautiful lobbyand past the pool, and take the boat over- its very quick, plus its fun.

Parking it Ft Wilderness will require you to take a bus that stops at every campsite, i was shocked how long it took....

pox24
02-25-2008, 11:15 AM
If you are staying at the Contemporary Resort, take the boat right to FW, then its a 3 min walk to the dining hall. If you drive in, then you'll have to park at public parking and take the bus back to the hall. We did it once that way and it was a nightmare.

garymacd
02-25-2008, 11:26 AM
There is no parking down by Pineer Hall where Hoop De Doo is held, but there is a parking lot at the front gate. From there you can either walk (not certain this is allowed) to Pioneer Hall straight down Fort Wilderness Trail or take an internal shuttle there. If you decide to walk, it might be better to avoid the main road traffic. There are many side-trails that parallel the main road.

Check out the resort maps in info central, here: http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/maps/images/fwcg07.JPG

Another way to get there is to make your way to Magic Kingdom and then take the boat to Fort Wilderness. It lets you off at the dock with just a very short walk to Pioneer Hall.

MMouse6937
02-25-2008, 12:00 PM
Where is the launch from the MK to FW? Is this at the TTC or actually when you get to the MK? Is it clearly marked letting you know that's where you're going? Do you think it's more time advantageous to park at FW and take the internal shuttle or to park at the TTC, take the monorail to the MK (if that's where the ferry picks up) and then the boat to FW. Do they let you park at WL if you're just going to HDD since we aren't guests there?

Sorry for all the questions!! Thanks

ThanxForNoticin
02-25-2008, 12:01 PM
If you are staying at the Contemporary Resort, take the boat right to FW, then its a 3 min walk to the dining hall.

Agree. If you are staying at the CR, the boat is your best bet. The show is only a few minutes from the dock. It's actually a very simple trip this way. Enjoy the show!

Kidsmom
02-25-2008, 01:46 PM
We are going to this in April and staying at AKL. Would it be easiest to take a cab?

MickeyChick
02-25-2008, 08:06 PM
I think the easiest way to get there is to go to the Magic Kingdom and take the boat. It drops you off right near the Pioneer Hall. Literally a two minute walk. Then they have buses when it's over to take you back to your resort.

magicofdisney
02-25-2008, 10:33 PM
Where is the launch from the MK to FW? Is this at the TTC or actually when you get to the MK? Is it clearly marked letting you know that's where you're going? Do you think it's more time advantageous to park at FW and take the internal shuttle or to park at the TTC, take the monorail to the MK (if that's where the ferry picks up) and then the boat to FW. Do they let you park at WL if you're just going to HDD since we aren't guests there?

Sorry for all the questions!! Thanks
The launch from MK is between the bus depot (for the resorts) and the monorail. You can't miss it. It might be quicker to just take a bus to MK and then launch from there. We just ate at Trails End a few weeks ago. It's right next to HDD. We parked at Fort Wilderness and took the internal bus. It really wasn't that long a bus ride for us. Regardless of which route you choose, allow 1-1 1/2 hrs to get there. Have fun! :mickey:

MickeyChick
02-25-2008, 11:45 PM
When you go to the Magic Kingdom by bus and walk up through the bus stops, you'll see the boats off to the left. There are signs above the docks that say where the boat is going. I think it's the second one that says "Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue" on the sign.

TFrauts
02-26-2008, 01:03 AM
If you are worried you might get on the wrong boat, there is a transportation info booth, right near the bus terminals at MK!! Just ask the CM's! No need to worry! Its VERY easy, and all the CMs are there to help!

stitch34
02-26-2008, 07:35 PM
I think the easiest way to get there is to go to the Magic Kingdom and take the boat. It drops you off right near the Pioneer Hall. Literally a two minute walk. Then they have buses when it's over to take you back to your resort.

This is what we did last May. And I agree it is the easiest way to get there. Plus the boat ride over was enjoyable.:mickey:

MMouse6937
02-26-2008, 08:58 PM
So we should take the bus from the CBR to MK and then get on the boat? Then will we have to do the opposite to get back? Do you think this is faster than parking our rental car at FW and taking the internal bus? Thanks for all the help, this is somewhat confusing to me :confused:

mook3y
02-26-2008, 08:59 PM
We are going to this in April and staying at AKL. Would it be easiest to take a cab?

Anytime we are trying to get to a different resort and are even remotely concerned about the time frame, we take a cab.

Our fares average between $13 and $18.

But, we also had it take us almost 2 hours to get from POR to Yacht Club.... i know it was bad timing, but for something like a dinner show, I will either be in the local area well before the show, or I will take a cab!:twocents: