PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Question

MaryPoppinsFan
02-25-2008, 10:46 AM
Hi... I'm sitting here dreaming at my computer about a cruise for next June. My son will graduate from 8th grade and we are thinking about going the week afterwards. Currently we are looking at the 3 nights on land and 4 nights at sea. we have done WDW mulitple times but never cruised.
I have one question. this might sound goofy to an experienced cruiser but :) I did an itinary on line for the heck of it. I picked the Deluxe stateroom with Verandah, I also choose Air transportation and teh Poly as my resort. It came back with a total price of $9416.00 plus taxes. the stateroom was listed as $7877.92 so does the 9000+ include our room and air?
I will most likely use Magical Journey's if we do decide on this. Currently I am unemployed so a lot has to change in the meantime :) But I love to daydream and this is one of my favorite things to do :)
Thanks for any help

Lisa

adoptionislove
02-25-2008, 11:32 AM
Yes, that is probably the price!!!!

We are going on a Land and Sea package as well and without airfare the price is 7,900.00. I didn't include the airfare because I thought it would be cheaper to wait!!! Boy, was I wrong, we are paing 2400.00 for 4. So, right now without food we are at 10,300.00!!! YIKES!!!

We still need to eat and buy souveniers.

I would recommend booking the land part of the trip separately from the cruise! You may find it to be cheaper, ask Magical Journeys to help. We are going to use them next trip.

Michelle

DisneyDudet
02-25-2008, 12:34 PM
I also agree with booking your land and sea separate, as you will probably find it cheaper. You can still book transfers to the ship/resorts, but you are doing some of the leg work yourself.

This way, you can choose another resort if you'd like, you just need to get to one of the resorts that are part of the land/sea packages to head to the ship (if you choose to do DCL buses).

There are so many options you can do if you book some of it yourselves!

MaryPoppinsFan
02-27-2008, 01:26 PM
Thanks for the info about booking separately. I never would have thought about that. Any little bit I can save would be wonderful.
It's 10 degrees right now and I can't tell you how much I am daydreaming about a cruise :)

TinksDH
02-27-2008, 03:59 PM
If you can be a little flexible on dates, and look at the last 3 weeks in August (if your school and personal schedule permit) you may be able to save some $$. I don't have the 2009 seasons in front of me, but for 2008 all of the 4 night sailings in June are in Peak Season, as is all of July and the first week of August. The last 3 weeks of August 2008 are in Regular Season, which is more affordable. The same may or may not be true for resort rates as well...

The longer in advance that you book, USUALLY the cheaper it is. And if you go through a travel agent instead of DCL directly, sometimes you can also get onboard credit to be used to pay for whatever you may buy on board, as well as shore excursions.

MaryPoppinsFan
02-27-2008, 06:35 PM
Thanks for the suggestion Mike, I did price one for August 13th and it came back almost $2000.00 cheaper with the same picks. That would be the latest we could so since my kids start school well before Labor Day.

Thanks again I have both trips saved so I can compare

TinksDH
02-28-2008, 10:08 PM
Excellent Lisa! Good luck in pulling the trip together...