PDA

View Full Version : Anyone done the maths on signature dining with the DDP

Rodders
02-25-2008, 09:11 AM
We are taking a trip in September and I'm currently planning our ADRs. We have 14 nights and with the 2 TS meals in there we need to pay out of pocket for some of the meals. Has anyone worked out the most cost effective restaurants to pay OOP in? I guess that the dinner shows are worth using the plan for but I need to pay OOP for 4 (2 signature) TS meals.

Our 2 TS locations are
Brown Derby
Liberty Tree
Cali Grill
Hollywood and Vine
Narcoossee's
Hoop De Do
Kona
Artist Point
Spirit Of Polynesia

Our 1 TS Locations are
Tonys
Mamma
LeCellier
BierGarten
Ohana
Brown Derby
Liberty Tree
Cali
Hollywood and Vine
Narcoossee's
Kona

wendy*darling
02-25-2008, 09:33 AM
Let me try to clarify your 2TS vs 1TS meals.

2TS:
Brown Derby
Cali Grill
Narcoossee's
Hoop De Do
Artist Point
Spirit Of Polynesia

1TS:
Tonys
Mamma
LeCellier
BierGarten
Ohana
Liberty Tree
Hollywood and Vine
Kona

So, if you are dining at these places once each on your 14 night trip- you would need 20TS credits and you will only get 14 with the regular DDP.

You will have to pay for 6 meals OOP.
I would go with the fixed price meals first and 2 more (or one more 2TS place).

Rodders
02-25-2008, 10:13 AM
Thanks for correcting my mistake I did mean 6 OOP meals and not 4 :blush: I missed the Luau from my calculation :blush:

mook3y
02-26-2008, 09:39 PM
I would guess you would be better off paying OOP for
Liberty Tree
Hollywood and Vine
Biergarten
and
Ohana for sure.

Mainly because everyone eats the same menu.

The only way you really figure out what the "best" deal would be would be to look at the menu's and figure out what you would likely order.

Just for fun, i looked at the menu at Le Cellier and Mama's and picked the most expensive items on their menu:

Le Cellier
Mushroom Filet Mignon $25.99
Classic Crème Brulee - $4.99
Beverage $2

Mama's
Grilled Filet of Beef - $20.99
Dessert $4.99
Drink $2

Total $60.69

Luau $59.99.

I would pretty much figure 1 TS credit is worth $30 max (especially now that it does not include an appetizer).

You might find depending on what you would order at the signature restaurants, that you could be better off paying for them and using the credits for 2 one credit dinners -

ie:
Artist Point
If you ordered
Seseme-crusted Tuna $29
Dessert $9
Drink $2

Total $40 or $20 per TS credit.

I guess what I am trying to say is that you need to take a look at the restaurants and figure what you would be most likely to order to be able to answer your question.

Regardless... you wont leave hungry, thats for sure! ;)

Natazu
02-27-2008, 02:27 AM
Pay out of pocket for Brown Derby, Biergarten, Hollywood & Vine, and the Luau. That will leave you enough credits provided you have the DDP for 14 nights. Brown Derby, Biergarten, & H&V are well below the "break-even" for TS credits and the Luau is better when paid out of pocket because that way you can get the category one seating.

my :twocents: