PDA

View Full Version : Which moderate should we try???

ldc12377
02-24-2008, 08:56 PM
Turns out that we may be getting to the WDW area a day sooner than we expected but really too late in the day to want to move our package up a day. So I had a great idea...I thought we might stay the extra night at one of the moderate resorts. At the end of the year, our youngest will be turning three so after that we will have to move up to moderates. I thought this might be a good way to get a preview. Besides that, we can get a pretty good deal through AAA on a room only reservation. I thought we might try POFQ because it is similar to POR (which is where we will most likely stay once the baby turns three). Or should we just try POR? Does anyone have any advice? That first day we just plan on staying around the resort and exploring. Does my plan make sense or should we just find a hotel off-site?

BronxTigger
02-24-2008, 09:16 PM
I'd try for POFQ. If you have 5 total, you can ONLY stay at POR-AB (at the moderate level). So, you can get a little variety in by staying this trip at POFQ. Also, if you are at POFQ and wandering the resort, you can walk over to POR because it's close.

disneyworld55925592
02-24-2008, 10:22 PM
we love POFQ because its a little bit quieter then POR. but be sure the pools open during your stay because they have been working on it and its been closed for a while now!

Kairi_7378
02-25-2008, 07:49 AM
BronxTigger is right... once you have a 3 year old you're only going to be able to stay at POR in the moderate category. However, because POFQ is so much smaller, it fills up quicker, so if you decide to go with that one, you need to book soon. I'd also suggest CSR. There have been some great recommendations for there recently on the boards.

buzz2001
02-25-2008, 08:24 AM
CSR is also a great mod. Great transportation, pool/slide and food choices.

ibrowse17
02-25-2008, 10:37 AM
Another vote for POFQ! We stayed there for the first time in Dec, and loved it.:thumbsup:

c&d
02-25-2008, 10:48 AM
I would chose POR Alligator Bayou section. I really liked that section was DS was younger.