PDA

View Full Version : Looking for recent Coral Reef reviews

DisneyGiant
02-24-2008, 08:55 PM
We're considering dining here for lunch - one of our party is on the fence about it.

We'd like to see all reviews - pro and con!!

Thanks in advance!!!

Pirate Granny
02-24-2008, 09:31 PM
We were seating promptly, service was great, food was good (and I didn't have the fish)...only complaint may be that it can be a bit loud...the room seems to echo...you can't hear conversations...but it seems like there is a lot of background noise.
:pirate:

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-24-2008, 09:38 PM
We ate there for lunch in Sept and it was great. We were seated in less than 5 mins. Our table was right in front of the aquarium. It was really nice. We food was great. I had the lobster salad sandwich and the chocolate wave for dessert. I have nothing bad to say about this place. One of the best in Disney.

eyoreswife
02-24-2008, 10:27 PM
went for lunch there in 06 walked in with no adr they told me it was booked, i told them there was a big hungry guy coming in the door in a second and it wasn't gonna be pretty when i tell him we have to keep walking, just as i finished telling them he walked in and they all started laughing and seated us right in front of the fish tanks. we had such a great lunch there that we made sure to book an adr for dinner the next april but didn't like it half as much so i guess i would say for me a definate for lunch but not so much for dinner(get the octupus juice to drink):marg:pina colada with chambord sooo good

aurorafan
02-24-2008, 10:46 PM
We ate there for the first time in Oct. 2007 on our family trip and we all loved it! DH had the steak which I tried and loved, so when my friend and I ate there on Wed. I convinced her to try it and we both loved it :). I haven't eaten dinner there so I can't speak to that, but both lunches have been great and it's another one I'll be sure to make ADR's for when we go in Dec. :mickey:

Crow
02-25-2008, 07:39 AM
I was there in Sept w free dining. wasnt bad, but I wont be hurrying back. It was my first time there since....the 80s? If I dont make it back I wont be upset. Didnt even consider it for this wks trip.
The food was good & I was right by the aquarium.

šošalyssaluvsmickeyšoš
02-25-2008, 09:15 AM
We ate there the first week in feb and thought the food was good. especially the lobster soup.I wouldn't want to sit next to the window because people walk up and take pictures in front of it. that would get on my nerves.

January-2007
02-25-2008, 09:44 AM
We ate dinner there in September. The food was really good. We weren't seated near the fishtank so we didn't get the full effect. The restaurant was probably the loudest I've ever been to. We won't be hurrying back.

GrmGrninGost
02-25-2008, 01:01 PM
This is my favorite TS spot at WDW at this moment! Our last two vacations to WDW, this has been our favorite meal! I love the atmosphere and the food! Fantastic! :mickey:

adoptionislove
02-25-2008, 01:25 PM
We loved it in 2006. We made ADRs in sept for our trip next month!

I think it is really nice and the food was good too!

cal5755
02-25-2008, 02:16 PM
My mom and I went there for lunch last November and we loved it!! Never been for dinner but at lunch the food was great.....loved the lobster bisque.... dessert was delicious too... waitstaff was excellent and we were seated on time. We are definately planning adr's for the next trip. We were not distracted by the noise.. but I guess with a house of 9 everyday we are used to it lol. I would definately recommend trying it!!

DisneyGiant
02-25-2008, 11:55 PM
Thanks so much for all the reviews!!!

I haven't eaten there since 2002 - so I am looking forward to it!

Natazu
02-26-2008, 02:14 AM
We've been about five times since the big menu revamp and new chef. As a general rule, the service is excellent and the food is top notch. It's a great value for 1TS on the DDP. My only gripe is now that it's no longer signature dining, more families are eating there so the noise level has gone from relatively quiet to loud to the point of being obnoxious.

bc002k
02-26-2008, 06:54 AM
My best friend and I ate there for lunch in 2005. No complaints whatsoever. The atmosphere is amazing, obviously. Service was great, and so was the food.