PDA

View Full Version : Hair_Razor and the crew trip report

Hair_Razor
02-24-2008, 07:18 PM
So here it is finally, sorry it took me so long to get this up.

Well here goes
The Cast:
Me (29)
DH (31)
DS (11)
DD(3)
DM
DDAD
DCIL (Cousin In law) (19)

So first off I have to say thank you to Not2Loud for having Mickey send the kids post cards, it really got them amped to go.

We left the house at midnight and made it all the way to St. Augustine before we petered out. We made into Bonnet Creek by 11am the next day we weren't due to arrive till 4pm, but they had a room ready for us already, Hooray!! So first of all WOW what an amazing place we had a 3 bedroom it was gorgeous! I know I will be eaten alive for this but it was nice to come home at night and not wash up with mouse ears :mickey:. The resort has two large pools and a lazy river. We also took advantage of the put-put how fun! I can see why people on here say Disney was not happy about Wyndham acquiring this property it was so close to everything and a phenomenal property, surely it will be competition for their timeshare resorts.

Once we were settled our first order of business was to head to DTD. First stop to trade mine and my DH's 6 day PH's for annual passes! Yeah, I said and I'll say it again ANNUAL PASSES!! Just a little excited :woohoo:! Next to thepin (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2879122560102834945UrHfVC?vhost=good-times)store! My Ds loves to trade pins so what is the one thing we forget (besides a stroller $45:eyes:)? Of Course, his lanyard so I suggest something that I read about on here that he get a "keeper" lanyard and then have his other one be his trading lanyard. So thanks to whoever that was! Oh and also thanks to Cantgetenough for teaching me how to post pics (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2238290010102834945QlCCoy?vhost=good-times)! While we were at DTD we decided to try out Earl of Sandwich YUMM!! Thanks again Intercotees for that little tip!

So next stop Epcot and a dash to SSE. Normally we would have done MK first day, but I had read on Disney's site that SSe would be closed the 9-14th so I wanted to check it out since I had seen so many reviews on here. By the end of the ride I could see on my family was looking at me like why the big rush to check out this ride? Thoughts on the ride not worth making the family break their necks to get on it. After that we headed to Nemo the sea gulls were a big hit for kids young (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2293499120102834945mzYfFK?vhost=good-times)and old (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2831678990102834945DtOOiA?vhost=good-times)
more so than the ride!
We did Turtle Talk and then went to see if we could ride Soarin' decided to long to wait so we did Living With The Land huge hit with the family everyone love this I think we might eventually do a "Behind the Seeds"tour at some point. So this was the end of the night for us and we were spent off to bed and get ready for day 2.

BronxTigger
02-24-2008, 08:24 PM
This trip sounds like it's off to a good start (minus the forgotten items, of course!).

Thanks for sharing it and the photos with us.

Question about Bonnet Creek:
Do you have a timeshare there or do they have an option to pay "normally"?

mickey&missy
02-24-2008, 09:01 PM
Yeah for a new trip report! It's been a tad slow around here on trip reports lately!

Thanks for sharing, can't wait to hear more!

vizsla
02-25-2008, 04:21 AM
Sounds like your off to a great start. Thanks for the report.

dolphinmickey9170
02-25-2008, 02:12 PM
What a great start. Thanks for sharing your pix too. Can't wait to hear more.:mickey:

Hair_Razor
02-25-2008, 03:58 PM
Question about Bonnet Creek:
Do you have a timeshare there or do they have an option to pay "normally"?

My husband and I have a timeshare with Wyndham but I think they are in the process of building a hotel portion as well. I think if you wanted I've heard of owners renting the points you need to rent a unit. I think that is the best way since you don't have to sit through the sales pitch.

pdrlkr
02-25-2008, 06:31 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

RedheadWriter
02-25-2008, 09:18 PM
Thanks for the report:thumbsup:

NJGIRL
02-26-2008, 09:49 AM
Great Report. I have heard Bonnet Creek is wonderful. We are trying to get in for Oct.

MauiMouse
02-26-2008, 05:22 PM
Looks like you're off to a great start. Great photos! :thumbsup:

Bethis26fan
02-26-2008, 06:45 PM
Sounds like a great start. Thanks for sharing.

faline
02-28-2008, 09:56 AM
Those seagulls are so fun! Nice report & pics!

#1disneyfan
02-28-2008, 07:41 PM
Thanks for sharing! We stayed at Bonnet Creek last summer and loved it also. My mom has a timeshare there. I still love WDW better, but this was a great alternative. I think we are staying there again in June.

McGoofy
03-01-2008, 02:27 AM
Thanks for the report and pics. I always see that Bonnet Creek entrance when we are on Disney property, and I've always wondered about it. I can't wait to read more about your trip!:mickey: