PDA

View Full Version : Have not flown on an Airplane for a long time

Hull-onian
02-24-2008, 04:56 PM
Question, but it is not a test, LOL.
I have a handbag, a Mickey Tote Bag, and carry-on.
Can I take my handbag and put it inside my Mickey Tote Bag and say that it is one piece? Then my carry on would be piece two? Or do the airlines adhere to the two piece rule?
:help:

faline
02-24-2008, 05:02 PM
You are allowed one carry on piece of luggage and one personal item per person. Personal items are generally things such as purses or laptops. I have done just what you suggested - placing my handback inside of a tote and bringing the tote on board as my personal item.

Hull-onian
02-24-2008, 05:47 PM
Now I feel much better :whew:. My Mickey Bag is gonna be stuffed then. My swimsuit is number one priority in packing. After that, everything else, will be a piece of cake.:thanks:

kakn7294
02-24-2008, 06:28 PM
I've stuffed my fanny pack into a drawstring backpack and that counted as my personal item. You can definately stuff your handbag into your tote and have it count as your 1 personal item.

DreamFinder2
02-24-2008, 06:32 PM
I've also used this "loophole" to cram my empty souvenir bag (to hold all of my WDW souvenirs on the way back) into a carry-on for the trip TO Orlando. Then, on they way back, I fill it with any purchases I made on my trip that I don't want in my checked bag.

Works really well. :thumbsup:

#1disneyfan
02-24-2008, 09:31 PM
I have done the same as others. I always either pack my purse in my carry on, or I use my small backpack/mickey tote as my purse. Generally that is what I use for my purse on vacation anyway. I cram it for on the plane, and unload it when we arrive. I like having a backpack while in WDW, lots of room!!

BigRedDad
02-25-2008, 07:28 AM
You can totally do this. I have been playing around with our carry-ons for the last couple of days. We are going to have enough to carry with DD2. We are going to take the standard 21"-24" carry-on. I will have my DW's purse in it, backpack we will take to the park, and snacks (1 carry-on with 3 separate bags in it). Then, I will have my computer bag with laptop, DVDs, camcorder, digital camera in it. The final item is the car seat, but that is not considered a carry-on.

32 days and counting.

Walt Lucas
02-25-2008, 08:03 AM
in most cases, it's the size of the carry on. yes, you can only take one carry on with you, but you can cram quie a bit into a small space if you know how to pack. Also, your child (if you are travelling with one) can take a carry on.