PDA

View Full Version : January Visit

luvwinnie
02-24-2008, 04:51 PM
I have been trying to decide when the best time for our next trip will be. I am leaning toward the end of January in 2010. For those of you who have gone at this time what are your thoughts? I am not worried about the weather, I don't mind if it is a little chilly. How are the crowds? Have you run into too many refurbs?

faline
02-24-2008, 04:52 PM
We were there at the end of January in 2007. Crowds were pretty low but we also ran into a cold spell so it was pretty chilly as well.

Reading trip reports from this year, it appears that it was surprisingly busy this year!

Deesdisney
02-24-2008, 06:07 PM
We went this year at the end of jan. into Feb. The crowds were very low until the first weekend in Feb. The longest line was 20 min. The weather was chilly at some times but we also had some great days for short sleeves. I love chilly weather cause you can put layers on and take them off when needed. The nights did get really chilly but we brought sweatshirts with hoods and some gloves. I think this is a good time of year.

PrincessErin
02-24-2008, 06:15 PM
We went this past January... for 14 days. It was unusually busy for that time of year, and REALLY rainy!! The cold I don't mind, but when you add the rain :(

We also went in January 06 and 05... Both of those trips were great as far as crowds go. It was a little chilly at night, but that was ok.

I have not given up on January as a good time to go yet, but this last trip was very odd.

tink179
02-24-2008, 07:49 PM
My family and I also love going in January. I agree though January of this year was unusually busy. The weather is always manageable. It can be a little chilly, but coming from Iowa with below 0 temps 60's and 70's are heat waves to me! :mickey: I think the last week of Jan 2010 will be when my family and I go back as well! Maybe we'll see you there! :party:

Aurora's Spindle
02-25-2008, 12:59 AM
I was at WDW with my parents and aunt from January 18th - 24th last year, and we had a wonderful time. It was a bit more crowded than when I went during Valentine's week of 2002, but all in all, we spent very little time on line for both rides and food.

We also lucked out with the weather, but in Florida winter is a crapshoot. There was very little rain, and we only needed light jackets in the very early morning and the evening. I believe the highs that we had were around 70 -- high enough to be very nice, low enough that I was comfortable in the jeans I brought and wore most days.

Good luck with planning your trip!

MickeyChick
02-25-2008, 09:10 AM
We were there from 1/25/2008 until 2/1/2008. The weather was nice-- light jackets in the morning and evening, but warm enough for shorts and tee shirts during the day.

It was a little more crowded than I expected but still very reasonable.

We saw a little bit of rain but nothing horrible.

As far as refurbs go, Fantasmic was closed. I can't think of anything else.

snerd475
02-25-2008, 04:57 PM
We were there Jan 25 thru the 28 this year, and the crowds were relatively light. Got to Epcot at opening and rode TT 3 times in a ROW! With NO FP! We went back around 7 PM and rode again, 3 times in a row!

Soarin' was the busiest, but with FPs, it was manageable. Others were walk-on (Nemo, Figment).

We had P&P Party tix for MK, so I can't really say what the normal crowd was during the day, but the party crowd was great! Most wait time was about 10 minutes.

Yes, it was cool, and we were unaware that it was raining until we came out of the first tunnel on BTMRR! Holy cow! That was so cold! With the breeze from going fast, and the rain stinging - yikes!

It's all good, though. The best time I've ever had there, in fact!

Little Einstein
02-25-2008, 06:27 PM
It can be a little chilly, but coming from Iowa with below 0 temps 60's and 70's are heat waves to me! :mickey:

We just got back a couple of weeks ago and I agreed with the statement above totally! (We are from Davenport :thumbsup: ). The weather we had was great - mid 70's mostly, a couple of low 80's and only 1 day where it rained for about 4 hours. It's my favorite time to go :mickey:

Mickey 101
02-26-2008, 02:27 AM
[QUOTE=tink179;1557891] I agree though January of this year was unusually busy. /QUOTE]

Any idea why??

MickeyChick
02-26-2008, 08:06 AM
I've heard that there were lots of tour groups from other countries based on the weak dollar. I can verify that there were crazy amounts of Brazilian people at Pop the week we were there. Don't misunderstand any prejudice on my part, I'm just explaining what the CMs at Pop told me about the crowds.

dmallan
02-26-2008, 06:23 PM
I've heard that there were lots of tour groups from other countries based on the weak dollar. I can verify that there were crazy amounts of Brazilian people at Pop the week we were there. Don't misunderstand any prejudice on my part, I'm just explaining what the CMs at Pop told me about the crowds.

Yes! We found this too! (we were there Jan 8-14) So many people who were not speaking English - I was really amazed.
Like others have said, it was more crowded than usual, but still manageable. I expected to walk onto most everything like we had done in September a few years back, but that was not the case. We had waits for most attractions, most about 20 minutes, one or two about 45 minutes.