PDA

View Full Version : port orleans riverside

mickeymom73
02-24-2008, 03:51 PM
We are planning a trip for this fall, staying at POR. We are a family of five so we have to stay at alligator bayou. I've read so much. Is the walking really bad. Some say yes, some say no.HELP. Thanks.

BluewaterBrad
02-24-2008, 04:34 PM
I never think its bad. I like to walk a lot though.:mickey:

DisneyCrazyET
02-24-2008, 05:06 PM
I don't think the walking is bad. The problem we had was figuring out how to get to the food court from bldg. 34. It was near the west depot.
We could have used a direction sign on the sidewalk of the bldg.

stitch and co
02-24-2008, 05:50 PM
I didn't think it was bad. DH and I enjoy walking around the resort at any time of day. We take in the landscaping and atmosphere and really enjoy it. Even after a long day at the parks, we enjoy the walk and even the kids have never complained about walking back to the room.

I do agree that there could be some better directional signage in places. On our fist time there, we did get turned around a couple times until we got the lay of the land.

I'm sure you will enjoy.

#1donaldfan
02-24-2008, 06:03 PM
We too are a fam of 5 and have only EVER stayed at POR AB.....everything is, for the most part, centrally located and there's not much of a walk to the busses or food. We normally stay in either bldg 18 / 14/ 27 which are a stones toss to the Main Bus Depot (south) and the food court. Bldg. 18 / 27 have a quiet pool attached and a laundry. Bldg. 14 is just closests to the main building. I think you'll love POR, it's so laid back, quiet, and just so darn beautiful. There are 5 quiet pools and one main signature pool. You can grab a boat to DtD for dinner / shopping, rent a personal water craft, ride a horse and carriage, ride bikes, walk to the sister resort PORFQ...there's just so much to see and do, and that doesn't include leaving the resort property to see the parks.......!!!! :mickey:

Dakota Rose
02-24-2008, 07:19 PM
I love POR and have never found the walking to be too much. It's a lovely resort with beautiful grounds. Always makes me feel comfortable, like I live there, not like I'm staying at a resort. :) If you're worried about it, maybe request a building closer to the main area.

marutzw
02-24-2008, 08:52 PM
The landscaping at POR is wonderful and I always spend alot of time just walking around and checking the place out when we stay there.

Kairi_7378
02-25-2008, 07:52 AM
We didn't think the walking was too bad- this is after we logged a total of 55 miles at the parks. (I wore a pedometer when we were in the parks.) We did get a little lost on the paths one time but the landscaping is beautiful so we didn't mind!

animalkingdomguy
02-25-2008, 08:50 AM
This May will be our second trip to POR Alligator Bayou. I love the themeing at this resort. Yes, the walk can be a bit confusing and potentially long. The lovely vegetation and beautiful landscaping make up for the inconveneice. After a hectic day in the parks I find a late night stroll around POR very relaxing. :thumbsup::mickey:

ibrowse17
02-25-2008, 10:35 AM
We did more walking at POR than we did at POFQ, but it was not that bad. We were in building 27, and were fairly close to the main building and bus stop.:thumbsup:

c&d
02-25-2008, 10:51 AM
When we stayed in the AB section, we didn't find the walking that bad. We found we liked that section better than the mansions as it was closer to the main building and bus stop.

DS was younger and very interested in looking at everything, the bunnies, the ducks, etc. so the walk was always interesting.

Not2Loud
02-25-2008, 11:45 AM
First, I will say that staying on property is great, regardless of which location you are at.

We stayed at POR AB last year and it was great. It comes down to preferences, but its a great place.

Enjoy your trip!

snowblack
02-25-2008, 11:59 AM
I was looking at staying at por because I may have a party of five. They don't offer a virtual tour of the resort on waltdisneyworld.com. So I guess my question is what is the room layout for 5 people?

#1donaldfan
02-25-2008, 12:23 PM
you can get some good pics here on intercot....just go to the top bar and choose resorts and go from there.......have fun looking around..!!