PDA

View Full Version : Victoria and Alberts

HairyBear
02-24-2008, 02:27 PM
I was thinking of planning a visit to a fancy restaurant in the World. I don't fancy myself as someone liking really fancy types of food but I would be open to a nice meal. Is there a huge difference between VandA and California Grill?

TexasPrincessAurora
02-24-2008, 05:34 PM
Yes! There is no comparison between V&A's and Cali Grill...none at all. Cali Grill is still very much a casual upscale restaurant, very open, noisy, a family place. V&A's is private, personal, romantic, quiet, leisurely with the most devine and unique food you will ever experience. It's definitely an experience a gourmet would treasure. If somewhat adventurous eating isn't your thing I wouldn't recommend it.

garymacd
02-25-2008, 11:04 AM
According to my beloved wife, California Grill is very much a California-style menu with many upscale nouveau-style items on their menu. I don't really know; I have never been to California.

V & A's is very much a traditional menu and old country service with many esoteric items available, like elk, caviar, quail. It is a very upscale, high class establishment

Having eaten at both, and enjoying both, I would say that your choice should be based on what you want out of the experience. We ate at V & A's on our 25th anniversary and plan to eat there again on our 30th, unless another incredible event happens between now and then, such as a wedding. We ate at Cali Grill last year and have already booked there for our trip this May. Cali Grill is more of an everyday eating event for us than is V & A's.

Whichever way you go, you will enjoy yourself. I have always thought that everone should have a meal like V & A's at least once in their lives.

c&d
02-25-2008, 11:35 AM
Yes, there is a difference between the 2 restaurants. There are no children dining at V&A and that alone makes it an entirely different dining experience. Even though we have a child, we loved the fact that we had "children free" meal at Disney.

We ate there and it was one of the best meals I've ever had. I'm not an adventurous eater and I found the food was wonderful. When we ate there I didn't see any food on the menu that I wouldn't eat.

HairyBear
02-25-2008, 11:44 PM
Thanks for all the feedback. I think it would be a nice 20th anniversary dinner.