PDA

View Full Version : Room Requests?

#1disneyfan
02-24-2008, 12:55 PM
I know this question has been asked probably a million times, so here is question million and one, how far out can you fax room/building requests to your hotel?

Thanks for all your help!!

wdw538884
02-24-2008, 01:30 PM
i believe that i read here once before that they get so many requests that they dont even really read them as they come through. i am sure I will be corrected if i am wrong, jsut thought i had read that. never hurts to try though. Did you make any room request at the time you booked your ressie? Where are you staying?:cool:

wendy*darling
02-24-2008, 01:43 PM
The best way to get what you want (although not a guarantee) is to request it at the time you make your reservation.

If you want a particular building, room, floor, etc.- request it right up front and it will be on your reservation.

I do know some resorts are no longer looking at faxes, etc. that come in days before arrival. And I believe most of them will go that way soon- if they haven't already.

#1donaldfan
02-24-2008, 01:45 PM
I understand that the resorts don't get your info until 4 to 5 days out, so at about that time you can fax in your request. Plus, make sure your request is on your initial ressies. Finally, faxed requests are just that, requests....nothing guaranteed, nothing promised....just a request from you, and them indicating that they may be able to accomodate.

pook@wdw
02-25-2008, 12:46 PM
My understanding is that your chosen resort will not receive your ressie until 4-5 days before you're scheduled to arrive. You can specify room, area, and any special requests when you make your initial ressie, but it is advisable to call your resort to confirm they've received your info, and then you can tell them of your preferences/requests. And don't forget...the earlier you check in, the more likely you are to get what you want ! :thumbsup:

Donald Duck
02-25-2008, 12:52 PM
Why does it have to be on the initial resv ?

If I make my resv 10 months in advance and then call back a month before my check-in date and request a specific room I have less of a chance of getting it ?

#1donaldfan
02-25-2008, 12:55 PM
I dunno???? I've just always been told by AAA and Disney travel to do so????? :confused:

MNNHFLTX
02-25-2008, 01:09 PM
Why does it have to be on the initial resv ?

If I make my resv 10 months in advance and then call back a month before my check-in date and request a specific room I have less of a chance of getting it ?The information doesn't have to be on the original reservation, it's just that doing it that way will save you a phone call later. You can always add it on after the fact and the information will be forwarded to your resort along with your reservation a few days prior to check-in. :mickey:

Donald Duck
02-25-2008, 02:46 PM
The information doesn't have to be on the original reservation, it's just that doing it that way will save you a phone call later. You can always add it on after the fact and the information will be forwarded to your resort along with your reservation a few days prior to check-in. :mickey:

Thanks Beth.

:mickey: