PDA

View Full Version : POP question

cwarner
02-24-2008, 12:17 PM
Hey guys,

We will be going to WDW in May and will be staying at POP. It will be me, my sis and a 5 year old. We just got the hopper/water park and more option upgrade because of the promotion. My question is does the pool close at a certain time? We want to use our upgrade to the fullest and may get back to the resort late and would like to relax at the pool

BigRedDad
02-24-2008, 12:46 PM
I think the lifeguards go off duty around 10PM. The pools are open until midnight I believe.

wdw538884
02-24-2008, 01:32 PM
When I stayed at POP, there was always someone in the pool. Came in around 2am from being out at night, and there were folks in the pool.

Lifeguard does leave at 10pm, if memory serves me well, and often it does not:)

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
02-24-2008, 02:58 PM
Yeah, we were at POP last May and September. By the time our day was complete and we wanted to swim, it was generally 11:45 or midnight. We went in the Hippy Dippy Pool and the Bowling Pin Pool several times after midnight, no one seemed to care.

Of course, you have to be respectful and quiet :secret: because of the rooms surrounding the pools!

For me...I like just lying there looking up to the Florida sky, not making any sound. Talk about pure relaxation :cloud9:

Chris :hatter:

cwarner
02-24-2008, 03:34 PM
Thank you so much for the info. I am so excited about going because I don't really remember much about my first trip.

Piglet822
02-24-2008, 06:01 PM
We just got back from Pop and there was a card in the room with the pool hours. As previously mentioned the lifeguards usually go off duth at 10 but what we got said that quiet time was from midnight to 7 AM or something to that effect.
And we saw kids in there last night at 12:30 in the morning.
Go for it, but as someone already mentioned just be respectful of those that are sleeping because some of the rooms are real close by.

Pirate Granny
02-24-2008, 09:29 PM
I confess...i'm always in the pool just before bed...and there have been nights when we've gotten back to Pop at 2pm...I haven't always been the only one in the pool at that time either. Only once, were there children...and loud children who's parents were no where to been seen...and of course, that was the night we were too tired to swim and it was only 11pm. ENJOY the peace and quiet...
:pirate:

JerseyDad
02-25-2008, 10:52 AM
....the noted pool hours in the above posts are correct...and the lifeguards definitely go off duty at 10pm. However, it is SO nice to take a swim in the pool at 6am (which I've done)...even when the grounds-maintenance people are still tidying up the place.

(amazing how it's SO hard to get out of bed on a work day....and yet when on vacation in WDW...I'm up at 5:30am!!)

Birnbaum has notin on me
02-25-2008, 09:00 PM
Dont Stay There

Tink#64
02-25-2008, 11:39 PM
Dont Stay There

:confused: What?

cwarner
02-26-2008, 02:26 PM
I have got nothing but positive reviews on POP. I have looked at the pictures on MJ website and I think I am really going to enjoy this resort. To the oerson who said not to stay there, why would you say that?

xtremeservice
02-26-2008, 11:39 PM
Birnbaum has notin on me from what I can see has it bad for pop.:ack:
We have stayed there 4 times and its our fav.:thumbsup:

HndrdPrcnt
02-27-2008, 12:05 AM
We also love the POP and quite honestly we will probably stay there again and again. It is our favorite of the value hotels and all we are looking for is a well-kept hotel with a nice ambience, a couple of beds and a bathroom. We don't need a "resort" since when we go to WDW we aren't spending tons of time at the hotel anyway.

POP is very well maintained, it is clean, it has a fun atmosphere, a great cafeteria, and good transportation to and from the parks. What more do you need?? I am not out to impress my friends and family by namedropping what hotel I stayed at. I am only interested in having a great time with my kids and my wife! I'd rather save some money on the hotel and then use that money to enjoy our time at the world (ie. Hoop de Doo, Cirque, etc)

Tink#64
02-29-2008, 12:04 AM
POP is very well maintained, it is clean, it has a fun atmosphere, a great cafeteria, and good transportation to and from the parks. What more do you need?? I am not out to impress my friends and family by namedropping what hotel I stayed at. I am only interested in having a great time with my kids and my wife! I'd rather save some money on the hotel and then use that money to enjoy our time at the world (ie. Hoop de Doo, Cirque, etc)

:thumbsup:

Very well said! :mickey: