PDA

View Full Version : DisneyQuest ?'s

bkahrens
02-24-2008, 11:04 AM
I know there are sections of DQ you pay for the games but I'm wondering if that is where all the regular video arcade type games are? My kids would love the virtual reality stuff but would also love to do the motorcycle, car race, snowboard, skiball etc. I'm afraid that's all gonna be extra isn't is? We can do that at the CSR but I was hoping some of it might be in the very expensive entrance charge to DQ! Also, if we might be going to DQ is it more beneficial to get the water parks and more option or just pay outright? We'll be traveling next Jan so I don't want to count on a waterpark visit, KWIM?

ftwildernesskid
02-24-2008, 11:20 AM
Good news! 99% of Disney Quest is free with your admission. This includes all the regular video games. My husband and boys, 13 and 10 were there for 3 hours one day and 4 hours another night our last trip. They didn't spend a dime. I think all the virtual reality games are free...or at least all that I remember are. There are some things you can buy that go along with activities like cd's or dvd's. But there is plenty to do that you wouldn't need to spend any money. Have fun!

busterthebronco
02-24-2008, 12:31 PM
there is/was a "reward" section where you pay and win tickets and trade them in for prizes but i swear i think its gone are at least gettng smaller.
theres no reason to do those games if they are still there.
its 5 floors of free games!
oh and we've gone to the water parks in december but jan may be pushing it.
having said that ive seen crazy canada folks swimming in the ocean that time of year.
plus i would guess the water is heated.
one thing though they usually shut down one park or the other in winter.

Tinks my favorite
02-24-2008, 03:06 PM
Well, I will be one of the crazy Canadians in a water park in January!:mickey:

Would our 7 year old daughter enjoy Disney Quest or should we leave the 13, 11 year old and their Dad their and go do some girl stuff?

poohbearlover15
02-24-2008, 09:19 PM
Well, I will be one of the crazy Canadians in a water park in January!:mickey:

Would our 7 year old daughter enjoy Disney Quest or should we leave the 13, 11 year old and their Dad their and go do some girl stuff?

I think your 7 year old will love it! I went there when i was 8 and i loved all the virtual reality stuff!:mickey:

NJ Camper
02-24-2008, 09:32 PM
Well i think that depends on how much your DD likes video,pinball and virtual realality games if she is the kind of person who likes these then yes diffently take her have fun and enjoy the magic :mickey:

Tinks my favorite
02-24-2008, 10:10 PM
Well I am sure we will check it out. She might not want to be there as long as the boys though. We can take off and go shopping or something! Not too worried! Thanks for the input!

thrillme
02-25-2008, 12:00 PM
Once your in you're pretty much free except for souvineers, food and "ticket games" (where you can win tickets to buy some really cheezy prizes).

My DS still loves to play a few of these ticket games...I guess it's something about spending $3.00 to win enough tickets to get a super rubber bouncy ball that just thrills his socks of.