PDA

View Full Version : yak n yeti now yummy!

busterthebronco
02-23-2008, 09:58 PM
DW reports tonight that the yak n yeti has turned things around.
service is tops and food is delicious!

Funforall
02-23-2008, 10:19 PM
Great to hear that. We're planning on dining when we get there in March.

tjstrike
02-23-2008, 11:07 PM
We were just there a week ago and I was not too pleased with the service. Reservation was at 5:40 pm and we didn't get seated until 6:05pm. Then we hardly ever saw our waitress. Worst service on our DDP.

Sunshine1010
02-24-2008, 12:06 AM
...went there on the dining plan in January (deluxe dining plan)...and it was one of the few restaurants that we LOVED and the waiter was absolutely fantastic.

Goofeygal
02-24-2008, 12:25 AM
Me and DH ate there is Jan. and the food was fantastic and so was the service. We actually didn't have a ressie we were able to get seated without one.

#1donaldfan
02-24-2008, 09:17 AM
So far, so good !!!! Great to hear and I can't wait to eat there !!!

big blue and hairy
02-24-2008, 10:59 AM
I'll wait to hear a few more reviews. We tried in early january, and we weren't impressed. Landry's isn't up to Disney standards.

:sulley:

SurferStitch
02-24-2008, 11:25 AM
We were there in December, and we had wonderful service and absolutely delicious food. It was one of the highlights of our trip!

Our server loved to talk, and had a great time talking about the items on display in the restaurant. Service was prompt, and our courses were timed perfectly. Food was excellent, and we can't wait to dine there again in May!
:thumbsup:

Hull-onian
02-24-2008, 06:12 PM
Do you folks recommend an ADR for Yak and Yetti? Or can you just go there and hope for seating? :thanks:

Natazu
02-24-2008, 06:51 PM
Do you folks recommend an ADR for Yak and Yetti? Or can you just go there and hope for seating? :thanks:
I recommend an ADR. If you're a little late or a little early, no harm. Lots of people are interested in trying this place. I've heard of may people waiting even with ADRs.

CaptSmee
02-24-2008, 06:55 PM
We'll be trying it in May and will post a review afterwards!:party:

Mikey Piano 23
02-24-2008, 08:26 PM
Cant wait! I need to wait 'til August but hopefully it will be worth it!! :thumbsup:

JPL
02-24-2008, 09:44 PM
I ate there in January and was pleasnatly surprised I had the Tempura Shrimp and found it to quite good. I can't really speak much about the service because I ate at the bar so my server was never more than 10 feet away:thumbsup:

aurorafan
02-24-2008, 10:32 PM
My friend and I just ate there on Tuesday night and were really pleased :). The atmosphere is fantastic--you really feel transported to another place. I had the honey crisp chicken which was very yummy and she had the tamarind chicken (I think?). She has a couple of food sensitivities and the chef came out and was very helpful. The dish she ended up getting didn't require any special prep which I was impressed with :).

All in all we both agreed it was one of our favorite meals and I am definitely making ADR's for our Dec. trip there :mickey:

duck51
02-25-2008, 01:42 AM
We were there on Feb. 15th and it was not crowded at all. The whole upstairs was empty. We had a reservation and came 15 minutes early and was taken directly to a table. The waiter was attentive and told us we could look around at the artifacts while our meal was being prepared--about 15 minutes. Well, I was very impressed with what was found from so many areas of Southeast Asia.

I ordered the skirt steak and shrimp and was very pleased with the flavor. It had just the right amount of marinating and flavor. The meat was very tender and cooked just right--a little on the rare side. The Shrimp were breaded on skewers and tasted great with the dipping sauce.

My husband ordered the tamarind chicken and said the flavor was good but the chicken was dry. He tried my steak and wished he had ordered what I had. But he still enjoyed the meal. His favorite was the dessert--mango pie which we both had. He wanted the recipe but was told that the pie was brought in and they didn't have access to the recipe.

Anyway, it was a highlight of our dining experience on the dining plan. The other great place to eat was Artist Point and I'll comment on that in another post if it is brought up.